Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Thinking the engine failure may happen sooner than later.

Fucking guy just tried to take off, stalled it about 8 times. Finally gets it running, and the damn thing sounds like a backed up toilet, then sets off at super high RPMs just to keep it running :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Yep. R6 boy either fell behind on payments, or killed the r6. He now has one of the early 600rr's that was basically a rebodied f4i.

R13

The other asshole
Depends.

There's no way to tell which is wrong with it. Might be the switch, might be a dead ecu. Only way to know is try one or the other until one works.

94RS

No fucks given.
Apparently some guy on FB in the Buell group is selling an RR1000 that only has 200 miles on it... And it hasn't been started since 1990.

How do you willingly let a "1 of 50 made" bike deteriorate...

R13

The other asshole
I swear... unappreciative mother fuckers like that are always the ones with super rare shit like that

R13

The other asshole
Is he by chance from one of these fucking hick states?

Hillbillies love trying to sell you FUBAR'd shit for premium prices completely ignoring the fact that they need full restorations.

94RS

No fucks given.
Apparently NY. Which makes that even worse.... Guy says it was "garaged and covered," but I only believe half of that.

Either way, it's gonna need a full restore.... Which will be damn near impossible given that Buell doesn't exist, Harley probably doesn't stock anything for the XR1000 engine anymore, and only 50 were made to begin with 30+ years ago.

R13

The other asshole
It looks like it's stored in a damp ass underground basement/garage like I have and my brother's mustang almost fucking ruined because he left it down there for a year and a half. Interior was molded, brakes were rusted and almost seized up, and the paint got fucked up from all the fiberglass insulation dust that was all over it from the unfinished ceiling.

R13

The other asshole
That's also been there for 27 years

Probably an old fat bastard that can barely ride too... that's usually how it goes :lol: