emissions problem

mandyloks

i have a 1990 with a 1991 motor... now it wont pass smog test ...the 91 dosent have an egr , so do i have to replace the intake manifold and put an egr on it or do i set it up like the 91 emissions ? im baffled...

Noneed2Hate

i have a 1990 with a 1991 motor... now it wont pass smog test ...the 91 dosent have an egr , so do i have to replace the intake manifold and put an egr on it or do i set it up like the 91 emissions ? im baffled...
anymore details? did they say specifically why you failed emissions? It could be a lot more than just the manifold.

Noneed2Hate

i.e. you having non-carb legal parts installed, check engine light on etc.

mandyloks

emissions problems

they said no egr so i look in the manual and it tells me the 1990 (mine) has an egr and after doing my homework i descovered my motor is now a 1991 so i was wondering what i need to do ...can i change my emissions for the 91 or would it be eazier to put every thing back with the egr valve???

Noneed2Hate

If it is just outright missing then you'll need to get one since they reduce emissions and are one of the things they will test (are required to at least)

If you for some reason do have one and it's just dirty, then all you will need to do is give it a good cleaning as there might be a bunch of carbon build-up.

Last edited:

mandyloks

emissions

If it is just outright missing then you'll need to get one since they reduce emissions and are one of the things they will test (are required to at least)

If you for some reason do have one and it's just dirty, then all you will need to do is give it a good cleaning as there might be a bunch of carbon build-up.
that just it theres no place to put an egr the1991 engine doesnt come with it its got another type of emissions

mandyloks

that just it theres no place to put an egr the1991 engine doesnt come with it its got another type of emissions