Wiper/sunroof problem

Vega206

Okay so it's been a problem for a few months now. But I took my wipers off to paint them bcuz they were chipped and peeling paint. When I went to replace them I put them on too high and the driver one over shot the windshield and must've did something bcuz when I went to turn them off and adjust them and turned them back on nothing. I checked fuses and all were good, even replaced em to make sure. Then it got dark and went to close my sunroof and nothing. So I had to cover with a tarp til I figured out how to close it manually. Anybody ever have this problem or know why it could be? Any tips, advice or fix would be appreciated

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Hmmm, no fuses are bad but no wipers and sunroof wont work now. Probably the motor went bad in the wipers

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

Vega206

Yea that's what I was thinking too. But just haven't had time to go to a junkyard and test it to see if it is it... But I will just wanted to see if anyone had any input. Thx again

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Pull the wipers off and then turn it on and see if you hear a sound at all coming from the wiper retainer/holder. If you do, then the motors went bad and if you dont, I'd suspect some electrical problem. Personally I think something electrical because you said your Sunroof went out as well. which is pretty weird. I'd start by doing the sound test and then tracing the wiring and looking for shorts or anything bad.

Vega206

Naw I don't hear any noise of them tryna move or anything. I've tried looking in my Haynes book for anything that'll help as far as electrical but haven't seen anything. But I'm try and find a wire diagram to try it too but thx for the input