Radio will not turn on

1991tegra

Da9 apprentice
Hey guys so i got a new ignition switch installed and and my radio and blower motor stopped working. So i replaced the 40 amp fuse it was blown) and my blower motor starts working again but not my radio(radio fuse for some reason has no power at all like both terminals of the use have no power going to them). The owner before me did have an alarm installed. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the radio not working but the fuse for the cigarette lighter, interior lights, and dash lights is intact but it is melted like crazy, as in its so melted the only thing left is the fuse wire but my clock and dash lights still work BUT my dome light when switched to on(doesn't actually light up) shuts off my clock and sets off my trunk light and the same result when i put the dome light in the middle except when my door is shut. Then the clock and trunk light goes back to normal. Please i really need some help ive tried searching and found bits and pieces all scattered throughout different threads but nothing has worked. I've thought about an inline fuse battery to radio but would at least try to fix this first (deck is an alpine one with a cd player) - car is a 1991 Integra

Nick_C78

The wiring is all messed up from the sounds of it... Your best bet might be to change the entire dash wiring harness sadly. Or you can chase down the spaghetti wiring the alarm company probably did. That is likely the problem.

Anytime you have a melted fuse that is never a good sign. Also it means a fire can happen..I suggest getting this fixed ASAP.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
What he said, rip it all out and replace the harness with a stock one. Or put a for sale sign in it and good luck. I stay miles away from cars with fucked up wiring.

1991tegra

Da9 apprentice
is it a difficulkt task to put a whole new harness i ecause there is A LOT of wiring under the dash also the engine is swapped with a b18b (previous owner)