Car Care/Detailing Thread

94RS

No fucks given.
I think I called Kärcher on Thursday about replacing my broken shit... Which they said was out of warranty but would replace it anyway. Come home today and find this fucker sitting at my front door. I haven’t even sent out the return form yet :rolf:

They even included a sample size of their wash & wax, which smells like cherry kool aid.

R13

The other asshole
Can’t beat that shit :lol:

That thing looks so cheap compared to my greenworks :lol:

Are the hose fittings plastic or metal? The old karcher I had for a brief period had a metal manifold, but plastic threads... leaked like a bitch :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Everything is plastic except the pump itself. The manifold cracked due to my own stupidity, otherwise it still worked like new. Never any leaks.

My hand slipped causing me to stop spraying, and before the pump could catch itself, I stupidly pulled the trigger again. Started pissing out the bottom of the machine due to a hairline crack on the manifold. I’m guessing it couldn’t depressurize in time before I added pressure back to it, so it went boom :lol:

R13

The other asshole
My hand did that yesterday before the pump stopped... I cringed :lol: didn’t do any damage though.

I need to find a solution to that... something to keep the trigger pulled, but something I can disengage easy like the trigger lock that works the other way.

94RS

No fucks given.
How fast does your foam cannon run out if you fill it all the way up?
I keep the adjustment knob on max and usually have about 50-100ml left when I wash the van... If I'm washing a car, I take a bit longer per side and spray more foam since it's half the size of the van. Still usually end up with enough left to respray the whole car.

R13

The other asshole
Alright so the trinova isn’t horribly inefficient :lol:

I just happened to be thinking about how most YT videos they never have their cannons more than a 1/3rd of the way filled on camera and that might foam one side of a normal sized car with my setup

94RS

No fucks given.
Most YT videos I’ve seen with that shit barely filled, they’re using gas pressure washers, which of course produces that really thick foam that looks like you’re painting the car rather than the “shaving cream” consistency that I get with Gold Class.

94RS

No fucks given.
So... Looks like the entire Dub line has been discontinued. The website now redirects to some Chinese R/C car website.

Anyway, since I can no longer find the wheel cleaner, I picked up the new one that Meguiars brought out.

It’s a gel rather than a liquid, so as long as you keep the wheels dry before application, it clings better than Dub... This was without any agitation.

And after drying/tire shine

Of course I also did the rest of the car... enjoy my short ass in the reflection :rofl:

Also waxed the red trim after cleaning the interior.

R13

The other asshole
I’m gonna photoshop gabriel iglesias into that reflection at some point :lol:

I’ll be curious to see how that Meg’s cleaner works long term. What makes that turn purple is a chemical best I remember that’s an oxidizing agent to remove rust and and embedded metallic brake dust material. Shouldn’t be strong enough in an off the shelf product, but in high enough concentrations it can etch metal

...so I wouldn’t leave it on longer than directed in the hopes of better results, just in case :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I’m gonna photoshop gabriel iglesias into that reflection at some point :lol:

I’ll be curious to see how that Meg’s cleaner works long term. What makes that turn purple is a chemical best I remember that’s an oxidizing agent to remove rust and and embedded metallic brake dust material. Shouldn’t be strong enough in an off the shelf product, but in high enough concentrations it can etch metal

...so I wouldn’t leave it on longer than directed in the hopes of better results, just in case :lol:

Both the Dub and Mirror Bright wheel cleaners turn the brake dust purple. I believe those two are the same product, both worked the same and smelled identical, but the Dub was puke green.

The Ultimate just has a better clinging ability since it’s a gel rather than liquid.

Either way, couldn’t be as strong as the s*** car dealerships use.... I’ve seen a Yukon have to get the hood detailed because one of the car wash idiots sprayed wheel cleaner on there to get the bugs off, then let it dry :lol:

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Woops :lol:

I need to find a good wheel/tire cleaner that doesn’t harm plastidip and cause tires to brown. I’ve found that eagle one A to Z causes browning pretty bad. I’ve heard superclean diluted like 3:1 works really well but I have yet to have some extra money to pick up some, along with the Meg’s tire gel.

94RS

No fucks given.
Superclean is like $7 for a jug... You can't be that fucking broke :rolf:

And according to Meguiars' website, the Ultimate all wheel cleaner is acid free and pH balanced.... So I highly doubt there will be any etching

R13

The other asshole
I just spent $60 on flowers and food to celebrate Valentine’s day, and an anniversary

Girlfriends are like cars, and I already have more of those than I can afford to keep up with :rolf: