Front End How to for G1's

mirrorimg

the number of g1 owners is very small on ci. From what I see, it doesn't look like the op meant for anymore pictures to be here or else there would be red x boxes where the image is deleted.

The suspension is completely different from that of g2 and g3 integras. I don't have any experience and therefore cannot help, sorry.

graveyardhippie

my apologies on lack of pix, i didnt take them till after the fact, i plan on owning another in the near future, and if i do, i'll drop it and get better pix

redinteggy89

well couldnt i just lower the front and then put coilover sleeves to keep it from bottoming out?

ctcraft

ctcraft
slam a 1989 Acura Integra?

How do you slam a 1g teg? I heard you can tighten the bolts? How well does that work? Can you do springs or coil overs?

afaqanjum2223

i tried other things in the process of doing this, and spent about 5 hours on it before i was done. just did the rear last night. coil overs from all integra's work with slight mods, but i have about 2 fingers between tire and wheel well with them all the way down. so i'll probably just use the springs and hang on to the sleeves if i want to raise it back up one day.

zabi143

it's only as long as from the back cap to the cross member, that flared out piece is part of the LCA. but on my passenger side, this is where i had to use a crowbar between the cross member and arm of the torque tube to pry it off the torsion bar.
I just need to sand down the key spline and put it back right? I dont understand the part of going up a spline or two,

Kaydox

I have 2 coil overs. would it work if I put them on the back and lowered the front like stated above? I don't want to bottom out consistently

Kaydox

well im getting two coils for he back. i lowered the front using the height adjustment bolt. it lowered it mayb 1.5 inches max. id say probably 1. my tires seems to lean in now. if i adjust the torrsion bar one notch will it be safe to drive? i have a 4 year old daughter so still want car to handle okay and be safe.

Da1teggy

hey graveyard hippie do you think its possible if you uploaded pictures of the actual torison bar and where you file it down...kinda confused

Miketakeahike

Hi Dudes and dudettes!?!

I'm Mike from Sweden and I have a -88 G1 blacktop and receantly bought the 27,5 mm torsion bar upgrade.

My problem:

Tried to hammer the torsion bar in to the tube and all the way forward so I could attach the front clip.
But the whole front part of the tube assembly just keeps going outwards.
So I logged on here and saw that there's a spline missing on the original bar, does that mean that there is a broader spline inside the tube to match it and I have to modify my new 27,5 mm bars by grinding down one spline?

In the garage right now and I Think it's early morning in the states.

Appreciate any reply.

Now back to get the damn thing out of the tube.... :S

Br Mike