HID headlights on a DA

eskim0kid

I was wondering if anyone has tried to put HID's on a DA? Ive been online and seen the kits that are made for DA's but there are so many scammers out there that claim their HID's will fit but i'm real skeptical on it.

tilegend

you can physically put HID kits on any type of headlights except for maybe sealed beams applications but you need not to worry about that.

HID kits contain a xenon gas "High Intensity Discharge" bulb, a ballast to ignite the bulbs. and some wire harnesses to hook up to your stock wire harness.

all you really need to do is select the correct bulb for your application and like i said there HID kits for almost all applications of bulbs. cause that's all it really is to fitting them into headlights.

now stock DA headlights use 9004 bulbs which is considered a dual filament bulb which has both high and low beam on one bulb.

some HID kits only offer 9004 in low beam... some offer them in high and low. but expect to pay for that.
usually you'll see it written as "9004H/L"

now a last note is that stock headlights for the integra are not really meant for HID. what i mean by that is the headlight optics are meant for halogen bulbs. with the extra intensity of HID its going to translate into added glare. not only that but its also considered illegal to retrofit to HID.

do cops really bother you? not really unless you get silly colors like deep blue, pink, purple, or green...

as long as you buy a HID kit with a kelvin rating of 4000k - 6000k you'll be fine and between this range you'll get the best light output anyways.

99Teggy

Rapid Volvo Tuned
hey i got mine from ebay for 55
and it was super eeasy just clicked on the oem wires. super simple and looks great.

dont be skeptical bro just buy it and put it on.
anything is possible!
its just a light bulb that needs electricity. its not rocket science.

eskim0kid

4 sho thanks guys... ya i was thinkin bout puttin on the purple HID jus for the hell of it but i been pulled over so many times now my drivin record isn't all dat great so im def goin 4 the 5 or 6k. Thanks for da info tho.

mirrorimg

I have a feeling you are gong to blind the shit out of oncomng traffic, and if you pass by a cop, you will probably get pulled over.

red.line

PLEASE don't put in HID's unless you're going to retrofit some projectors into your headlight housings.

eskim0kid

oh yea of course ima retrofit.... last thing i need is to get pulled over or be those annoying assholes wit their HID's blindineveryone on the road...

tilegend

well if you're going to retrofit projectors then you're going to need different bulbs also...

best to probably go with an OEM hid ballasts that is compatible with the bulb and projector you're going to use.

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
i put in a set of tview 8000k's from my job and put them in my stock headlights and i just pointed them down a lil and it looks raw at night it lights up the road i was gonna remove the glare guards but i didnt wanna get pulled over but its not as bright as people think

eskim0kid

ya i did hear about jus pointin them down jus a lil bit... from everyone i herd that from they had never had a prob and i also herd i cop say once that all he really does to check is he puts a piece a paper and checks the color of the beam and if its white he doesnt trip.

BlackoutDA

hey man I put on 10k on my stock headlights and I never had a problem with the police I have had ppl flashing thier high's at me but I also have them pointing down also. here is a pic.

eskim0kid

ahhhh dat looks so clean!!!! i never thought bout the fog lights.. dats a dam good idea.. where did u buy your kit from?