Rarity of the B17a1 engine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Hey all,

Can anyone tell me why the B17a1 engine is so rare? I think that is the engine in my car and I'd like to get an idea of it's worth and the reason behind that value.

Thank you,
Dm

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The engine only came in the North American 92-93 Integra GSR, which there was only about 3,000-4,000 were ever produced.

Last edited:

dlo253

What makes you think That? Go check your block stamp and see if it even is a b17 lol

treybombRW

there was only 5000 b17a1's ever made... and there was alot of integras made (apparently around 276000 from 90-93) but only 5000 were gs-r's. and i'm guessing that since 92-93 when they were made, that they didn't all survive til now (blown motor, crash, motor swapped ect...). so think of it like this... there could be only about 3-4 thousand left or less (lets hope not). so if you have a b17a1 FOR GOD SAKES take care of it and keep it, or sell it to someone who will.

emd513

I can get a complete head with cams for 450 at auto zone for the b17. So there really not too rare can get motors threw us to. So do t get ripped if you need something for it. There's people out there that think the gsr head bare is worth 400. Not going to happen.lol.but you do have a rare original motor.as long as it is.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Just because I love this pic.... and no it's not mine, but if it was it would be a coffee table.

Detman101

Da9 newbie
there was only 5000 b17a1's ever made... and there was alot of integras made (apparently around 276000 from 90-93) but only 5000 were gs-r's. and i'm guessing that since 92-93 when they were made, that they didn't all survive til now (blown motor, crash, motor swapped ect...). so think of it like this... there could be only about 3-4 thousand left or less (lets hope not). so if you have a b17a1 FOR GOD SAKES take care of it and keep it, or sell it to someone who will.
Sir, that is exactly what I would do.
Actually, I would trade it to someone who knew what to do with it and wanted a project car. I'm looking for something that is already fixed up...I don't care if it's slower.
I bought this car to be a daily driver from my home to work when the wife needs to take the kid to school.

lol
Dm

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Ok, I found that badge yall were talking about, and it said B18a1. It was on the front of the engine to the left of the header.

So it looks like I do not have a GSR...doh!
Sorry for the misinformation, but I thank you all for helping me find out the truth.
This is actually better because it's a 1.8l instead of the 1.7...so I still win!
Well, I won cause I have an integra...but you know what I mean hehe...

=]
Dm

emd513

Should have been able to tell from the valve cover. That would have at least let you know if it had the vtec head.

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Should have been able to tell from the valve cover. That would have at least let you know if it had the vtec head.
Sorry, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff.
Though the lack of writing denoting "VTEC" should have been a clue.
:smackself:

I can get a complete head with cams for 450 at auto zone for the b17. So there really not too rare can get motors threw us to. So do t get ripped if you need something for it. There's people out there that think the gsr head bare is worth 400. Not going to happen.lol.but you do have a rare original motor.as long as it is.
It's not an actual B17 production head. It's just a B16 head. Essentially all a B17 is a stroked B16. The head is the same casting. But for some people who are concerned with authenticity, that Autozone PR3 head just wont cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.