B20d a 96 GSR, CEL is on. Wont pass emissions. NEED HELP

DwizzleB20GSR

Okay so my idiot brother bought a 96 GSR 4dr with a B20B swap in it and when he went to register it he failed the emissions test because the CEL was on. N i mean it failed solely cause the CEL is on. Passed all the smog, hc, co, n others but bein that its a 96 with a 98 engine they wont pass it until we figure out why the CEL is on. The engines sound, no idle issues, no overheating, no misfires, n its been 4 years since I myself have owned n worked on Integras n B-series engines (I had a 90' GS B18A1 stroked) n with how busy I am gettin my 92' RB20DET swapped 240sx I dont have time to poke around on it. Can anyone help n tell me what it is or could be thats keeping the damn CEL on??? Im figuring its probly just a sensor but I need to shut my brother up n get this solved. PLEASE HELP

dopematic

Grab a obdii scanner to find out what codes are showing. If you don't have one, you can use the jumper to manually get the code. Jumper is located on the passenger side right next to the ecu. It should be a green plug with nothing connected to it. Grab a paper clip or short wire to jump it. Turn the key and the CEL should start blinking.

One long blink= 10
One short blink = 1

Depending on how many times it blinks, then add it up to get the code number.

After you have the code numbe, simply Google what it is and go on from there.

A cel on is always an automatic fail. I didn't know that they would even smog a b20, since it is considered an suv/truck motor..

But good luck!