Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
It was just the rotor for the 09-10's. I think it was like $450 that included a $250 core charge, but that was from EBR.... And they're refunding everyone for parts and deposits on bikes right now.

Can probably get the stator and rotor from an 08 brand new from Harley for around the same price or less.

R13

The other asshole
I'm gonna rip the F4 apart one more time today and pull the cams out so I know for sure it has bent valves. I still intend to sell it, I just wanna be dead certain before I list it.

R13

The other asshole
Put the wrong shims in the intake valves on that cylinder... it was keeping them cracked open thus no compression :rolf:

Fucker gained some get up and go in the end.

It's ticking like a mother fucker though, after checking all the valve clearances and shit a 3rd time I'm at a complete loss so I'm gonna ride it until it drops a valve or sends a fucking rod through the case and sell it as a parts bike :lol:

Those brake pads feel great though. No complaints with how they perform at all, especially not for $20.

R13

The other asshole
I don't think so. It made absolutely no sounds when I got it, and none of the ones on YouTube do it. It sounds like a bseries idling. You know how much fucking valve noise b-series make? Yeah that's coming from this little engine :lol:

I don't care anymore. I did the math and this glass plant job will allow me to buy a buell in ~3 months, or an R1 in 5-7 months so I'm literally just gonna ride it as is bad fpr and all until it obliterates the fucker or whatever it's going to do :lol: I'm not even going to finish polishing the frame :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
If it lasts I might just give it to my brother and make his bitch ass get out of the house and ride with me because we used to ride dirtbikes side by side flawlessly growing up. He was actually pretty damn trustworthy on a bike.

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: Make sure to test ride an XB before you decide on buying something. It's a completely different experience than a CBR or R1.... In a good way :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Tbh I don't even enjoy riding the F4 that much. The steering head feels really heavy and you can't smoothly pull away from a redlight. It basically wants to you to ride it like a goon using enough power to keep the front end light :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
The XB is pretty much the cruiser of the sportbike world. Perfectly comfortable around town at low speed/low RPM, but easily capable of standing up on the rear wheel and being thrown around a turn with little effort... The only drawbacks that anyone can ever come up with is the vibrations (minimal for being a Harley), lack of 6th and ~135mph top speed. Which is more than enough :what:

Last Saturday I was riding with two of the Ruck guys. A couple douchebags on Sportsters pull up at a red light, start asking questions/laughing. They of course had to do the normal "Harley owner" thing and act like their bikes are fast by hauling ass as soon the light turns green.... I was short shifting at 4k and still outran the fags. They were pretty upset :rolf:

Slow down to let the Ruck guys catch up and they were both laughing their asses off :lol:

R13

The other asshole
:rolf:

Kinda makes me want an XR sumo just to piss off 1200cc Harley guys by beating them on a dirtbike.

The buell is s little bit more cruel though being based on a Harley engine :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
The Buell is only "a little bit" more cruel? The XB9 has 216cc less than the Sportster it's based on, yet makes damn near double the power... on top of being in a bike that weighs over 100lbs less :rolf:

And they both cost the same when they were new :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Well a big fat 250lb single cylinder dirtbike outrunning a Harley is pretty insulting to the Harley in itself :lol:

Once I have the cash I'll test a 12r, an 1125r and maybe even a lightning.

I'd also like to try an 899 panigale and the R1, but being more expensive bikes, finding someone willing to let me test ride one will most likely be difficult.