Oil feed/mounting hardware clearance

AlphaWolf1993

So I finally got around to test fitting my mani and turbo and some of the feed/drain hardware and I have a clearance issue where one of the mounting studs and the oil feed line are. The second pic is a close up showing the stud hitting the surface without the feed flange on. I just wanted to see if it is ok to rotate that center shift to move the angle of the oil feed... I know you can clock the turbo to change the angle to piping, but have never read anything on the center shift :| it's my first turbo setup so I'm unfamiliar with what I can move. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The two housing can be clocked independently of the CHRA. It will be tough since it looks like a used turbo. The seals will def not like to be rotated. You may have to take the housing completely off to rotate it. This will solve your oil feed clearance issue however keep in mind it is best to keep the feed/drain as vertical as possible. You are allowed -/+ 15* off vertical.

Second question - that hole is a boost source someone has tapped the housing for, usually the wastegate boost source.

AlphaWolf1993

Ok, It sits completely vertical now so I'll turn it as little as I can