Acura integra

bentking 420

So a week ago I got my 1st gen teg, a 89 ls with the D16A1. It needs a lot of work but im up for it. I bought it thinking I could use parts off my 3rd gen(got a good deal and acted on impulse) from what ive researched there is like no parts that are interchangeable (1st gen to 3rd gen). I wanted to swap my b18b1 into it because well I have ecu, axels, and all that, but now after researching I find theres no room for ac or power steering... F@#k that.. as of now it needs a cv shaft and an exhaust. does anyone know if the catback from my 3rd gen will fit on the 1st gen? also 5th gear is out and im looking into swapping a gear from an accord, read that the accord 3rd gen ( four banger manual) will fit and put rpms at about 3000 @ 70mph. having trouble finding the gear, hoping to find a website or something that has one. also was going to pull 5th gear out of my 3rd gen and see if I can smash it into the 1st gen, anyone think it will work? also want to swap zc cams in too. The first gen is a 1989 3door hatch with cg cable tranny, my 3rd gen is a b18b1 4 door ls with hydro tranny (y1 or whatever)

so any info on putting zc cams in d16a1 would be helpful and any info on interchangeable parts for 1st and 3rd gen tegs would be helpful

ill post any results I find with my field work tomorrow ( I have the day off of work!!)

enoch723

Mini me swap it. Z6 top y8 bottom. I believe thats how it goes.
GTFO

to answer your questions. There IS parts out there, just have to know where to look. Check out "vintage integra group" on facebook page, cheddasauto website or on facebook, g1teg.org and get a hold of Danny Carlson from nwclassichonda.

As for 5th gear and zc cams. Only way your going to find either is either at a junkyard or from someone that pulled them from a junkyard. zc cam swap is extremely easy. Pull your old cams, drop the new ones in and make sure everything is at tdc and your done. %th gear swap is almost the same, just have to make sure the countershaft is smooth side out and your good.

94RS

No fucks given.
can you put aftermarket zc cams in it also cant find any dohc zc performance cams?

Why do you need "performance" cams anyway? You said in your thread the car doesn't even run... You should probably focus on that before trying to squeeze what little you can out of that engine.