What do I need

DarkrobotX

So I just bought my first car a few weeks ago- a 94 integra-so I know nothing about cars. It has problems and I have a list of things I can check, first is the idle air control valve. What tools do I need to open and clean it?

DarkrobotX

Why not take it in to a mechanic and have it checked?
Because I want to do it myself and save some money? And learn a few things here and there. Also, there are a host of things that can be wrong (from what I've read). I'lm just cleaning things and doing what I will be able to do, if that doesn't work it's mechanic time.

It has low RPM's on idle
Rough Idle
Inconsistent loss of power
Hesitation

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

Because I want to do it myself and save some money? And learn a few things here and there. Also, there are a host of things that can be wrong (from what I've read). I'lm just cleaning things and doing what I will be able to do, if that doesn't work it's mechanic time.

It has low RPM's on idle
Rough Idle
Inconsistent loss of power
Hesitation
I know and totally understand that, but they'd be able to point out things that might need attention as well other than the issue before mentioned. I might change the tranmission fluid if it's idling rough. That should help a good amount,

Last edited:

DarkrobotX

I know and totally understand that, but they'd be able to point out things that might need attention as well other than the issue before mentioned. I might change the tranmission fluid if it's idling rough. That should help a good amount,
That's true, there could be more problems. And the transmission fluid is on my list. I'll see how this goes though. Hopefully it's not a huge problem. Thanks.

DarkrobotX

When does it hesitate? Certain amount of throttle? Specific RPM? Idle? WOT?
Hesitates randomly can be from a dead stop or when I'm trying to accelerate when already in motion. Idle is usually about 400-500 RPM's. Sometimes my car shakes hard (rocking back and forth) and when it does that the RPM's go up a little bit to about 800 then goes back down. I drove it this morning and noticed that last part. What is WOT? Still new to all of this.

Weird thing is, withing the next few days my car will just randomly drive completely fine, and then it will start acting up again.

Last edited:

soviet snarf

1997 GSR 3d
I just bought my Integra, but when I had a rough idle in my Focus it was after I cleaned/lubed my air filter and the MAF sensor got dirty and needed to be cleaned to fix the rough idle.
Have you checked your air filters? are they really dirty? or really oily?
just a guess here

Noneed2Hate

I just bought my Integra, but when I had a rough idle in my Focus it was after I cleaned/lubed my air filter and the MAF sensor got dirty and needed to be cleaned to fix the rough idle.
Have you checked your air filters? are they really dirty? or really oily?
just a guess here
I feel you won't get much of a response from the guy who hasn't responded or updated us in 6 months :p