Shoulda had a V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlo253

Actually I was giving you info that is needed to get the thought process going for undertaking a project like that.
And I am only going off what you have said.. Funny part is, I'm the furthest from that. I'm the asshole that calls people out around here for bashing peoples ideas. So take that s*** somewhere else, you aren't going to be a contributing member I can tell. I was just presenting the facts.

If you were capable this thread would have been full of pics of the finished project, not contemplating how to do it, that's reality not rude.... And if you had the cash to pay somebody to do it, your signature wouldn't contradict that now would it?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
um no the one that was posted in this topic was not a body swap....and that is not a ford motor,,,bahahahaha....oh just so you know....
Um ok so your laughing because I can't tell the difference between domestic V8s, in case you didn't notice we are on an Integra forum. :roll:

I assure you myself and dlo have more capability of doing something like this when we're asleep then you do. So perhaps you should join a muscle car forum and tell them your idea, I'm sure you'll get tons of help.

dlo253

Lol, dude go somewhere...
Quit kissing ass, I never shot him down once, some people just can't read.

Prozon

Kris
um no the one that was posted in this topic was not a body swap....and that is not a ford motor,,,bahahahaha....oh just so you know....
I'll bet you don't know what it is either. Hint: It's not a 454- despite what the Youtube video says.

You cannot honestly think that you're going to suggest putting a V8 in the car- when you don't sound very experienced in custom fabrication... and not get flamed..

Aussie and DLO both hit the nail on the head. The blue third gen has quite a bit of custom tubing to support the suspension. It is running a big block Chevy motor. The Integra that Aussie was thinking of is green owned by Kimo. It is an Integra body swap on a Mustang Cobra chassis. Neither of which are simple tasks to do.

Honestly I feel like there's a lot of negativity in here. I think if you want to do it, go for it. You however do not need to act like you're twelve when someone throws out the facts. If you have a shop to work on this in- go for it. Living in an apartment? Good luck with that one bud. I have to admit though... if you're planning on a V8 Integra you shouldn't post about it until you have something to show. If you've made progress and want to get some opinions- forums are a great place. If you're spitballing idea's and you have no clue what you're doing- you're not going to get a positive response.

Hell, go missing for a couple months, hide your Integra in a shop somewhere and hit up DLO for custom machine work when you've got your chassis all torn down ready for new parts. DLO would be a great candidate to build parts for a V8 Integra. Isn't that right Dlo? ;)

dlo253

Exactly Kris, I am actually a very good person to know when tackling a custom job like that. Just disregard all the track record holding cars that come out of my backyard and my occupation at a "Full Service Manufacturing shop"..... :) and yes, I do a little bit of everything around here, not just one job title, lol..

Prozon

Kris
Yeah, I've delt with a lot of machinists and I have to admit- you're my favorite. Treated me well in the past and if I was going to secretly build a V8 Integra I would send you specs on whatever I couldn't/didn't want to fab myself.

The OP should take note.

That's all I got form that :)
Short attention span? Lol

dlo253

Right on, that's what I like to hear :thumbs up
Hell yeah, if you ever get a wild hair up your ass to build one you got my number! Haha.

2kdb7

Yeah, I've delt with a lot of machinists and I have to admit- you're my favorite. Treated me well in the past and if I was going to secretly build a V8 Integra I would send you specs on whatever I couldn't/didn't want to fab myself.

The OP should take note.

Short attention span? Lol
No I don't have ... Squirrel lol

When I first saw this post I thought someone was gonna reference ice cube. But no. Instead its pretty much the same thread as "iwannaturdblobutdontwannadoanyresearchmyselfwhooebay" god I hope I wasn't that bad when I first started.

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
We all have to start somewhere.

..I don't think a V8 is a good start, but hell.. learn by doing hahah.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
This guy lives in the same state as me.....Please excuse me while I go put a mid-mounted straight-6 into my Miata because that is what people in Michigan do.

Status
Not open for further replies.