camber kit?

jayyjayy88

so i went to get an alignment today, and the guy told me I need a camber kit only on the front left tire. not sure why he said only that one and not the right one. he said get the adjustable one, and not the one that goes to the control arm, also something about 3 degrees. I was pretty confused, so can someone elaborate on what I should do? My rear tires have camber kit and my front ones dont. what should i do? and what kind to get?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Order a camber kit for the front and get realigned. You probably have +/- 3 degrees of camber which is a wear angle and will unevenly wear at your tires. It isnt as bad as toe but it is a wear angle. Tunersports.com carries a bunch of them, i prefer the Skunk2 ones, i personally use their ball joints havent had a problem. Tunersports is also a great company to order from.

jayyjayy88

how easy is it to install them? Would you recommend another brand? I know skunk2, is the best, but $200 is a bit out of my price range at the moment

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I wouldnt buy cheap suspension components. If they fail, could have a bad time. They are easy to install.

jayyjayy88

okay, thank you. So I would just install it, and get it realigned and they will adjust it to the correct position right?

Noneed2Hate

Camber kits are very simple to install, I have buddy club p1s in my teg

jayyjayy88

ALso, I had a question. FOr the past year my car has been squeaking when I go over bumps. I was told it would be my bushings. but which bushings would I get and what brand should i go for?

Noneed2Hate

They've been awesome, corrected my alignment where I needed it and viola no problems or worries. I have the same issue and am having my bushings replaced. Energy suspension bushings should be too bad.

jayyjayy88

okay, ill check them out. I have a 3 degree "error" (not sure of the correct name) but i need it fixed about 3 degrees on hte left tire.

which bushing should i replace, i dont know much about suspension

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you cant correct camber on a stock car so they left it. You need to do the camber kit. You should probably inspect all the bushings and see if they need replacing

trailing arm
toe links
rear LCA
front LCA
top hats
compliance bushing