Honda Enthusiast
Okay so as much info as I can give
Body is a 98 civic lx
Engine was a d16y8
Head was a d15b7
4-2-1 headers
P2p ecu
All motor
So I swapped in a d16y5 vtec-e which is my first time messing with a vtec motor, wired it all up and it purrs like a kitten. Only issue is it won't rev up. Just boggs and falls flat on its face. Put a new distributor, plugs, wires, injectors and reset the ecu without any change....anyone had this issue with a motor swap? any help would be greatly appreciated.

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Probably still running on 12v and ecu is delivering fuel for 16v. Get an ecu chipped for the y5 minus the lean burn mode.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Had my buddy come over and properly time it and he brought a p2n ecu and after 2 hours of tinkering, she is running right again.

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

Ganyon

Hell i'd daily the teg and fix the civic up. Keep at it.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Hell i'd daily the teg and fix the civic up. Keep at it.
Actually I'm thinking about letting the teg go, dailying the civic, and looking for a gsr