water in passenger floor board????

chrislee89

Hi everyone I have a 1990 Integra rs base model and every time it rains a huge amount of water accumulates in the passenger side floor board. I have no sunroof so I know that's not the issue at hand.I really want to fix this issue so my car will remain in showroom condition. Any ideas as to why water would be in the floor board? Asking I know it's not my heater core so it's got to be something with the windshield wiper area

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
check to see if your cowel seals are going bad. get a hose and just shoot water at the cowel next time your washing the car.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
That happens with my 91. Check the rubber around the front windshield. I put my air on reccurculate during the rainy season and then it doesnt happen anymore idk why...
If the rubber around the front windshield is loose' not on the windshield' etc. The water will most likely go thru then thru the dash and come out the bottom to the floor
The only other thing i can think of is a leaking heater core

Edit idk if cowel seals mean what i just explained or not.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the cowel is the plastic piece under the hood in front of the windshield.

chrislee89

Thanks everyone the problem was there are 2 holes right above the heater motor from factory and I cut a narrow slope for water to drain off to the Side