Bleeding Brakes

207_teggy

The brake pedal is going to the floor in my 94 ls.

Im pretty sure ive bleed the brakes like im supposed to and the pedal is still going to the floor. When the pedal has gone as far as it can go the tires lock up.

What's the diagnoses docs?

GSROWNSU

you have a leak somewhere or you still have air in your system. Did you bleed them in the order of farthest caliper from the master cylinder to closest?

207_teggy

I bled (sp?) them correctly. I changed the brakes a while back and everyday they got softer and softer until it just went to the floor one day. I must have a leak somewhere.

Umm.... also, when i was looking around for a problem i noticed there was no fluid in the ABS reservoir. I filled it up and it didn't make a difference but could i have messed my brakes somehow from having no fluid in there?

mirrorimg

So you re-bled them recently? That second post of yours provided much more information than the first, and changes things. If it continually got softer+ loss of fluid, then there is a leak. When the level falls too low in the resevoir it pulls air in. You need to re-bleed them if you havent since your brake change. Look around for where you have fluid coming out. check your lines at the master cylinder, and the bleed nipples at each caliper.