Hard shifting, slow acceleration

fradd

My '99 auto LS (Integra of course) has had a problem with shifting hard for a while. I have heard they shift harder than other cars, but it still feels way too hard sometimes. It also feels like the engine is struggling too much, and I've timed it multiple times and it accelerates from 0-60 in about 15 seconds, which seems way too slow, right?

Sometimes it seems like it's waiting too long to shift, but the RPM doesn't go too high, it's just that the RPM doesn't increase quickly enough.

I don't know what it is. All I've done since I bought it last December was change the spark plugs and the oil.

Any help?

Ganyon

Change the transmission fluid. You can change it out like every week with cheap fluid until it's cleaned and then I used royal purple with great results. It shifted smoother and felt a little quicker.

osiris19

How many miles? High mileage hondamatics tend to brek after flushing the fluid if it hasnt been changed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fradd

Change the transmission fluid. You can change it out like every week with cheap fluid until it's cleaned and then I used royal purple with great results. It shifted smoother and felt a little quicker.
Yeah I guess I should try that first. I can't do it myself cause I'm in an apartment so how long does it take and how much does it cost?

Ganyon

All you need to do is jack up the passenger side and there is a bolt with a square hole in it, put a ratchet in and drain it all out. Then to refill just fill from the yellow dipstick under the intake arm. Just do a drain and refil. Do not do a fluch. A flush will destroy the transmission. It can all be done in 30 minutes.

fradd

I couldn't find the yellow dipstick last time I looked but I guess I'll look harder.

Ganyon

It's hidden pretty well. It's low and can't be seen unless you have a flash light.

fradd

It's hidden pretty well. It's low and can't be seen unless you have a flash light.
Okay.
Also, sometimes my pedal gets jumpy. Or the RPM gets jumpy... I'll just lightly press the pedal, and the car lurches instantaneously and the RPM goes up by about 300-400. If I just keep lightly tapping it, the car feels like I'm tapping the brakes over and over.
And there's also a misfire code, but I've replaced all the spark plugs so I dunno what else would cause it.

Noneed2Hate

Okay.
Also, sometimes my pedal gets jumpy. Or the RPM gets jumpy... I'll just lightly press the pedal, and the car lurches instantaneously and the RPM goes up by about 300-400. If I just keep lightly tapping it, the car feels like I'm tapping the brakes over and over.
And there's also a misfire code, but I've replaced all the spark plugs so I dunno what else would cause it.
you need to make sure those spark plugs were properly gapped as well. You can have a misfire if your gapping is off IIRC. Also make sure you put your coil wiring back in the correct order.