engine light blinks turn on.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
wats up, i have noticed, about a day or so ago. when i turn on my car it goes through the start up mode with the electrical stuff. by that i mean, the cel, srs, and whatever lights on the dash go on when you turn on you car, then after a second they all turn off. like any other car, and i drive away.

lately, the check engine like blinks for what it looks like 10 times after, or at, the end of this start up procedure. then the light stays off. it makes me think its a warning or a prelude to a bigger problem that would require attention.

pluckt007

yeah, i know it would stay on if something was "goin down".

but it just blinks more so than ususal.

usually, it just goes on, then off. but now, its blinking about 10 or so times, then goes off.,

whats up with that?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
r u sure its not the maintance light

pluckt007

yeah, your right.

its the "main req'd" yellow light in the lower left corner of the dash, below the temp guage.

so its not the check engine light.,

i heard they are timers to let you know when to change your oil and upkeep stuff. don't want to simply reset the button and gloss over a possible problem

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, well that must be a relief, huh?

Just reset the light every time you change your oil and you won't have to deal with that anymore. lol

pluckt007

i change oil and check fluids all the time. ive got about another month or two before the next one. is it something like that, or could it be the timer for such things. weather they are o.k. or not.

97teg4l

Hey under the dash there is a green or blue button on a black box. Turn your car on and hold it in for like 5 seconds. It will reset that. It's just a reminder to change oil and shit.

pluckt007

i was under the impression that the "maintence req'd" light would need to stay on for a reminder.

00teggyls

i was under the impression that the "maintence req'd" light would need to stay on for a reminder.
it does stay on if you let it go for a certain amount of time. not to change the subject but will the maint light remind you for the life of the car to change your oil, etc...?

Last edited:

pluckt007

from the discussion, it sounds that way.

not the most reliable deductive reasoning processes, but its my conlcusion