teg9five's mini build thread? ...yeah maybe

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
ok heres whats happening... a few weeks back a friend of mine socketed and chipped my ecu for me keeping all my curves stock but smoothed them along with setting up launch control. turned out very nice. its got the nice little quick release socket (not sure of the actual name) so i can just pop new chips in and out.

but tonight marked one of the major points in the build. the fuel system! we decided to get things right in this area first and installed a new walbro 255 fuel pump. went fairly quickly though i still need to go out tomorrow morning and fight to get my rear seats back in properly. no biggie

we also pulled the stock injectors out. NASTY! there were caked up with some hella grimey shit. so what did we do about it? put some DSM 450s in of course! it was a bit tricky in a way. it mostly just seemed overwhelming at first and ill be the first to admit that ill let someone else do my electrical. so my friend wired up the new injector clips and the resistor box. it turned out very clean looking. looks like it came like that from the factory unlike some of the pictures on honda-tech that have a bunch of wires soldered together in a big ball. ya know... the ones that look like they are wrapped in tin foil because theres so much solder. while those were being wired together the old rubber seals were bored out with a dremel along with the hard plastic spacer things. pretty simple.

so with that all done we popped a new chip into the ecu the tuned the fuel down a shit ton. started it up and smoke poured out the exhaust and the check engine light flickered while the motor tried to stall. so we came to the conclusion that it was running just a bit rich lol. we burned another chip to put in and took it for a test drive. it runs amazingly! to make it simple... under max load the injectors are running at less than 50% :thumbs up

...and now... i go to sleep finally!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
So your ECU is socketed for to accept EPROM chips I assume?

They need a program for honda's that uses full laptop program-able engine management through a wired eprom chip that way you don't have to modify and change it out. A direct link ya know. Is there something like DSMlink for it? Something simpler than Hondata that is damn near idiot proof

I love that program! ^

It's so easy and very effective. I screwed with alot of them and DSMlink, Hondata and Electromotive TEC2 and 3 are awesome

Last edited:

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
sounds good, anyone ever mess with greddy emanage ultime? its hard at first but once you get used to it its not so bad. ive never ran into anyone else that uses it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I had Ultimate on my Eclipse GSX. I upgraded the GSX to DSMlink so the Ultimate got demoted to my GST daily driver. It's a pretty good system though

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
right now its being tuned with crome. im not all that much up on the tuning but i think at some point we may wire up the ecu so that i can datalog everything without taking apart the ecu. just plug right into it and get to it.

anyhow... i guess pictures will be getting posted in the near future... but at the moment theres really nothing to look at

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Datalogging is good. I use datalogs to tune my cars. Makes life easier and cheaper. Going to the dyno everytime you change a part gets expensive. It's nice to be able to do it yourself

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
very very true

i need to find a blitz bov or one with that same flange before the rest of the stuff can go on. i had bought a dsm bov which i planned on using but when i bought the piping it wasnt flanged for that. and it took so long to find piping so im just gonna look for another bov unfortunately

patrick4588

Integra God
i would just get the proper flange put on. it shouldnt cost much to have the flanges swapped. or you could always buy a synapse bov and get the flange adapter for what you need. i am using my synapse bov with a greddy flange

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
might be going to pick up a new BOV tomorrow. i guess we will see how that turns out. maybe a wideband too

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
turbo is on... car is runnning on 0 psi until tomorrow just to make sure theres no leaks or anything. theres just a small leak around the return on the oil pan so that getting patched up tomorrow. plus the wideband is not yet installed so it hasnt been taken over 3k yet.

i still need to find a way to run an intake because right now all i got is a screen

i need to choose an exhaust also because open downpipe is super loud lol

also i need to find a spot to mount a catch can.

after all that im pretty sure ill be all set. pics will probably be coming soon... :thumbs up

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That's a pretty good BOV. I like it. My friend has all Blitz parts on his sr swapped 240sx. He's running around 400whp right now with it.

And if your looking for air leaks you could always use the good old DSM method. Get a piece of radiator hose that fits your compressor inlet and seal one end with a pcv cap. Drill a hole in tha cap and put a valve stem in it and clamp it to the turbo. Use an air compressor to pressurize the intake tract to what pressure you plan on running w/o the engine running and any boost leak will be obvious.

Last edited: