No connection at OBD port?

djroofus

So i took my car to go through emissions yesterday and everything was good except where they plug the scan tool in there was no connection. what do you think it is?

I have an ls integra wit an lsvtec motor. p28 tuned on chrome.

do you think the tuned computer is whats causing the problem?

any help woul dbe greatly appreciated

acclude

cheap bastard
what year is your integra. If it's 94 or 95 it won't have one. If it's 96+, it's on the pass side of the center console like behind the radio area

djroofus

what year is your integra. If it's 94 or 95 it won't have one. If it's 96+, it's on the pass side of the center console like behind the radio area

i know where and what it is. and i know its on 96 and newer vehicles. but there is no connection wen you plug the scan tool in.

acclude

cheap bastard
except where they plug the scan tool in there was no connection.
It was just your choice of words....I misread the statement.

And yes, it is the ECU since it does not have the code/standards necessary to communicate with an OBD2 scan tool. Only OBD2 ECU's can communicate with the scan tool :(

djroofus

It was just your choice of words....I misread the statement.

And yes, it is the ECU since it does not have the code/standards necessary to communicate with an OBD2 scan tool. Only OBD2 ECU's can communicate with the scan tool :(

ahhhhhhhh i seeee. i appreciate it. wat you think just throw a stock lscomputer? gsr?

acclude

cheap bastard
Not too familiar with the emissions thing....Will they recheck the whole car or just the part that wasn't working?

If they recheck the whole thing then you *might* be able to pass with a GSR or type-R ECU depending on the standards for your area.

If they just check the test-port connection again, then just about any teggy ECU will work, but check to make sure it works alright beforehand and then don't plug it back in again until you get there cause it's possible driving with it may set some trouble codes which will make you fail the emissions test. If it's just in there for a short period of time without much driving, it's less likely to set any codes so you should pass.