Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Acura Integra Technical > All Motor / Drivetrain

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

What should i do for a new engine????? serious answers please

All Motor / Drivetrain

Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
afee757

Default What should i do for a new engine????? serious answers please

i was thinking of droping a k20 in my 2 door 1999 integra should i do this or does any body have better sugestions.
afee757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Ganyon

Welcome. I don't see anything wrong with a k20.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Need to be Spoon-Fed*
Quote:
Don't worry, That's just my vast knowledge of the universe and beyond, It happens to everyone, It's just me in here, Left alone to drive myself to insanity.
Quote:
When in doubt, whip it out - that's what I always say. Then I'm usually asked to leave and I politely refuse and a struggle ensues and I wake up in jail with half an erection
Quote:
But i thought CJ was some girl that everyone was talking about??
Ganyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
red98teg
Keep on Truckin

Send a message via Skype™ to red98teg

K24 Bottom end, K20Z1 Head and transmission. Boost and you have yourself the most godly engine honda ever shoulda built

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Out Crew Member #1
NO FAP September FAIL Crew Member

Quote:
good job, but he's still banging your ex at the end of the day
red98teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Integraguy04
CORNER CARVER

Send a message via AIM to Integraguy04

well i mean depends on your budget and what you want to accomplish...me personally the car is already setup for a b series, just keep it that way
I dont buy fast, I build fast

Integraguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
afee757

somebody told me that i would need new mounts though is it true.
afee757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
Integraguy04
CORNER CARVER

Send a message via AIM to Integraguy04

no all b series motors bolt up into an integra...on a side note you may want to consider getting prothane inserts to stiffen up the oem mounts so the motor doesnt flay around a ton
I dont buy fast, I build fast

Integraguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
jcrabb13
Registered Abuser

Send a message via Skype™ to jcrabb13

serious answer:

i still think the REAL j swapped teggys are sick, get a custom hood and people will suck yo dick 24/7

|
|

Quote:
the s*** people take seriously these days...
jcrabb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #8
mjones73

http://www.modified.com/tech/modp-09...t-1/index.html

You need more then just mounts...

For the money spent you can build a monster of a car, it may be easier to rebuild and boost your LS motor though.. depends on the challenge your up for and how deep your pockets are...

Last edited by mjones73; 01-04-2011 at 10:55 PM.
mjones73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #9
OGstackadoIIa
TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrabb13 View Post
serious answer:

i still think the REAL j swapped teggys are sick, get a custom hood and people will suck yo dick 24/7
That s***'s a lil too hott for this guy, yo; s***'s juicin' off that Nas

Quote:
Just wear a mask when you drive it so no one will recognize you. The money you'll save will buy a nice mask.

Ride of the Month:

OGstackadoIIa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #10
dekaf
pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ

k swaps are expensive as s***. could near you up to 10k probably cheaper if you do lots of searching i think theres a website that has a kswap kit for like 5k
dekaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
DaddyBuiltRacing
Resident Asshole

Send a message via AIM to DaddyBuiltRacing

Buddy just did a stock k20 swap in his 99 SI, he has over 6k in a stock swap. That to me isn't very logical, I am not a fan of K series mainly because of the ass raping you will encounter, when buying parts to swap it in. Not a fan of the J series either. My buddy Tim is one of the first ones to do this in an Integra, aside from running no hood or cutting your hood to fit, it didn't seem all that fast. I think thats in part to the extra weight of the J compared to a B or even K. You can now get mounts that allow you to close the hood, however you have just allowed your oil pan to touch the ground.

Like someone else said for the cost of swapping in either a K or J, you can have a turbo B and be faster then either of those stock swaps.

|
|
|

94 DB8 (Retired)- 741whp/473ftlbs 34psi 10.85@140
97 Civic Hatch- 835whp/5xxftlbs 33psi 11.3@106 LOL
DaddyBuiltRacing is offline   Reply With Quote