Exhaust System Recommendation for 2001 Acura Integra GS-R

CL33AMG

Hey everyone,

I have a 2001 Acura Integra GS-R and recently took my car to the dealership to get a bunch of work done (timing belt replacement, 90k mile check, etc.). Anyways, I mentioned to them that the exhaust/muffler was making a weird sound at low RPMs and they called to inform me that the muffler has a hole in it and they can replace the muffler for about $500 (not including the labor). I told them to hold off on doing it and realize that I can just get a brand new Cat Back Exhaust System for about $500 and probably take it to a body shop to install it (saving on the labor as well).

I just wanted to get everyone's opinion as to what Cat Back Exhaust System I should get. I've been out of the game for quite some time so I don't know if anything really has changed. I remember I was leaning towards an Apexi N1 or GReddy EVO2. What are everyone's thoughts?

Also, would I have to replace the Catalytic Converter as well if I put in a Cat Back Exhaust System?

Any help would be much appreciated and if you know a good place that sells aftermarket parts either online or in Northern New Jersey AND/OR a good shop to take my car to in Northern New Jersey as well, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

sixThreeSiX

Apexi has an all black cat back kit called Noir. Keeps a sleeper looks, sounds real nice. Its the ws2 in black if Im not mistaken. Pretty sweet.

mjones73

How loud do you want it to be? The N1 is basically straight pipe and will be quite loud.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Get a apexi ws2. As for the cat, the ws2 bolts up to the stock cat, but if you want more power I would suggest either using a test pipe depending on where you live or get a high flow cat.

mirrorimg

You can do it yourself. Save 100% on labor.

CL33AMG

mjones73 - I really don't want to have a loud exhaust. I live in North Jersey and I don't want to perpetuate the Jersey stereotypes more (Guiddos and Ricers).

I believe I can't do a straight downpipe cause I won't pass inspection then.

njhustler

I dont think they do emissions testing on odb2 cars anymore. I believe they just plug into the obd2 to check for errors. Also i hate that jersey stereo type we have now thanks to the guidos from jersey shore.

sumfilipinodude

Well I'm scheduled for inspection at the end of this month and I think I'm gonna go tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens. I'm running a catback Magnaflow Catback Exhaust so I hope I'll pass.

But if you don't want loud, I think the World Sport 2 would be the best bet, it's not that loud but definitely an up from stock, imo.