Want to Turbo-charge my 94 auto teggy

brandon1132

What are a list of things i need to do/get to build my engine before installing a turbo so I wont blow it up??
list..
:D

Prozon

Kris
Set a horsepower goal and do lots of research before even thinking about it. Know that it's going to cost you a lot of money.

There are some links stickied at the top of our forced induction section. If you have questions after reading some of the stickied links, come ask.

Good luck with the research. :thumbs up

Jackmldog

Jack
-facepalm-
Research and have fun turboing an auto.

Prozon

Kris
You say that as if the way you shift really matters?
As you would say... facepalm?

Lets not bring up this tired old argument again.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Automatic turbo Integra vs an Automatic N/A Corvette... Its not like the turbo HAS to be on a manual. same outcome, power

btw prozon is your go to guy for turbos.. I'm going to him next summer :thumbs up

Jackmldog

Jack
You say that as if the way you shift really matters?
As you would say... facepalm?

Lets not bring up this tired old argument again.
I say that because of how he's going to have to beef up his auto. Not because of how I shift. And the -facepalm- was because people don't like to do there own research and instead come on here and ask the same old thing over and over. No need to take it personal. Plus if you didn't want to argue you wouldn't have said anything at all or just would've asked instead of assuming.

Prozon

Kris
Normally I would say something about a comment that was just $$$$$$$$$, but it's true. -_-

I say that because of how he's going to have to beef up his auto. Not because of how I shift. And the -facepalm- was because people don't like to do there own research and instead come on here and ask the same old thing over and over. No need to take it personal. Plus if you didn't want to argue you wouldn't have said anything at all or just would've asked instead of assuming.
Well seeing as how we have no idea what kind of power goals he has, there's no reason to assume he needs a transmission upgrade. There's nothing wrong with asking questions, but I agree- they shouldn't be so broad. That's why I suggested he read the FAQ and come ask some more direct questions.

Here are some links for the OP, and anyone planning to turbo-
Forced Induction FAQ
Turbo 101
Turbo Preparations

My Personal Favorite

j13

Keep It Clean
I'm shocked nobody has said "cant Turbo an auto" wow!!

you can, and it will be a big difference in performance. don't go cheap on the turbo

Prozon

Kris
That's why I said something. I would bet that most of the people saying "Swap to a manual," actually have no idea what an automatic transmission can handle. I'm trying to avoid one of those stupid "Do a manual swap." arguments. Don't try to start shit with me bud, you have no reason to suspect the auto can't handle the power because you have no idea what power he wants to make.

I'll post back if the OP has any questions, until then it's pointless to continue this. :thumbs up

Note:
Figured I would edit my post and make it "kinder" so nobody starts crying and bitching.

Last edited: