Plug side of spark plugs swimming in oil :( and other problem?

highmileage

So I have a 1990 Acura Integra LS. The car has no performance parts, and 311,000kms. Standard Tranny.

A few weeks ago I had a problem with it starting, it was turning over fine but would not start. I pulled the plugs and noticed some oil on them, wiped them off and it started second try. It idled smoothly and normally to my knowledge. It felt to have normal power.

The problem happened a few more times, but was not consistent. Some times the car operated flawlessly. Yesterday the car did not start. I pulled the plugs and cleaned them off. The two plugs on the passenger side of the block had the most oil on them. There was no oil on the spark side of the plug. I cleaned all four and put them back in the engine. It started fine. The same thing again today. But in between the last two events I was able to start the car and drive normally. No noticeable problems...

Valve cover gasket and spark plug tubes? I was not able to find a similar forum for my car so thought I would try.

If you think that is what it might be, is it simple to fix?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your time!!!!!

1qikteg

sounds like a VC gasket. and if you know what a 10mm socket is your good to go. cause its that simple. i would start with the VC gasket.

highmileage

Thanks to you all, I am going to attempt to track down the parts locally today, I'll let you know if my tired old car is back to acting youthful

Cheers!

bigcurt

Yeah im having the same issue except maybe a little more severe. The car will idle fine but when I put it in gear to move it stalls and the oil light blinks. My plugs swim in oil as well.

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Valve cover gasket....any vcgasket kit comes with new tube seals...just make sure u don't over tighten and u tighten them in an x pattern...put all the nuts back on but don't tighten them in a row...if u tighten the top left first the next one u tighten is the bottom right and so on