noise when shifting.. help please

*19TEG91*

"Come at me bro!"
so when i have my music down and if i shift up or down i hear it. like the gears moving in and out of position. and its kinda loud when i shift into first sometime... and reverse scared me. when i first got the car i shifted into reverse and it sounded like i was grinding my gears for maybe a second... but i found if i shift through the gears from first to fifth then go into reverse there is no noise... any ideas? i know i post a lot of questions. im apologize.. im not good at this yet...

Alvi84

When you say if you go through all the gears before putting it into the gear you want sounds like synchros in the transmission. When you say it's loud to shift into first or whatnot is it a grind or a clunking sound? Check your motor mounts to make sure one isn't broken allowing your motor to move. Other things to check would be clutch alignment and look into the shift linkage (bent, bushing are shot, etc)

*19TEG91*

"Come at me bro!"
i only have to shift through all the gears whenever i want to go into reverse.. other then that im fine no grinding noise.. i just hear slight noise when i shift.. i dont feel it... just when the radio is off i can hear it

ralph556

sounds like the clutch is dragging. You may need it adjusted or replaced. Also change your tranny oil and use the Honda MTF.