rebuild question

2strokebeater

my teg its a b18 duel cam died last week i came to find the timing belt is chewed up and the motor wont turn over all the way when i crank it by hand im sure i bent some valves. im pulling the head tonight my question is it possible to have bottom end complications now if so what do i need to look for. i dont want to rebuild the head and the bottom end be shot.

2strokebeater

well the belts missin some teeth im not sure if thats where its catching at or if ts in the motor i have to pull the wheel and water pump. do u think the pistion could be hitting the valves cause it seems like i can turn over the second and third cylingers then when the 1st and 4th start to reach tdc it gets tight

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Probably skipped a couple teeth and is hitting a valve. Take the head off.

2strokebeater

Thats what im doing tonight after i take it off what should i look for obviously the valves and condition of the pistons is there anything else before i put the new head on?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Yeah if a valve is bent it should be obvious, there might be some dings on you pistons but it shouldn't be too bad unless it ate an entire valve.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Yeah if a valve is bent it should be obvious, there might be some dings on you pistons but it shouldn't be too bad unless it ate an entire valve.
My engine ate an entire rod bearing (both halves) and you couldn't tell by looking at it.

2strokebeater

I have the head off took it to a local machine shop had two leaking valves got them repaired and ordered a new water pump tb and gasket kit I just have a few questions besides having the cylinders at tdc and aligning the cams is ther anything else I need to do while putting ot back together

sightless117

sees all
while you have it all torn apart you might as well clean and redress everything, piston heads and clean out the inside of the intake manifold.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
having a shredded timing belt is no joke, look at what it did to my head in my teg thread

cost me 800 to fix it

2strokebeater

ok i picked up my parts for the rebuild last night i am having trouble with getting the crank pulley off because i cant jack my car up high enough to break it loose by hand i don't own a impact and i would have to get my car towed to use someones so my question is how recommended is it that i change the water pump i can easily return it