bad idles!

paoloDa92

mkay so i left my headlights on that whole day during school and when i got in my car i wonder why no beeping went on.

then i turned my key and no click, battery problems.

now i jumped my car then my car just idles pretty bad. drops to like 100 or 50 rpm! i had it running for 30 minutes or longer then drove to my girls another 20 minute drive...

what seems to be the problem here?

j13

Keep It Clean
What's with all the "3"s and the exclamation point as an "I"?
Just messin. If the car ran fine before the dead battery than it should be something with the voltage.

Hey paoloDa92, did you change the battery or charge it? Or did you just let the battery charge, only by the altanator?

paoloDa92

Just messin. If the car ran fine before the dead battery than it should be something with the voltage.

Hey paoloDa92, did you change the battery or charge it? Or did you just let the battery charge, only by the altanator?
haha figured you were bra!

uhm my battery is prolly 2 months old cause i bought a new cause of my old one was donne.

and i just got my battery jumped with my buddies car and let it running for like an hour or so.....

i dont think its time for a new bat..

DA9B18

you may have drained one of the cells in the batt.

i am an car audio installer and i see this daily were someone gets a big stereo and doesnt upgrade their charrging system and they will kill a battery quick by draining it to low and the alt cant supply enough voltage to bring the cell back to a good charge.

take your battery out of the car and put it on a high amp charger for about 20 min. keep an eye on it and then check the voltage of the battery out of the car and see if it is holding a charge.

sometimes you can "zap" the cell and bring it back up

j13

Keep It Clean
haha figured you were bra!

uhm my battery is prolly 2 months old cause i bought a new cause of my old one was donne.

and i just got my battery jumped with my buddies car and let it running for like an hour or so.....

i dont think its time for a new bat..
I see. Give the battery a nice trickle charge. These type of batteries don't lose their memory fast, it takes around 18-20 months. So you didn't damage it.

However, if you repeat this type of discharging, than it will become weak and not hold a good charge, possibly false peak during a charge.

If anything, take it to a local auto parts store and have them give it a nice charge.