Tiny rattling sound as clutch come out of low gears

Integgy95

Ever since I purchased my car roughly 1 year ago, it's always had this sound where when i was in a low gear(1st and 2nd) and letting the clutch out and getting ready to go, the car makes a loud rattling sound and it's also done when it's in neutral and and cold. At first I thought it was my exhaust rattling because I have no hanger on the lower portion of the header, but it's gotten louder and louder as time passes.

It sounds like it's coming from the passengers side as well. Any help would be great.

Integgy95

Ill definitely keep that in mind when I get underneath her Tuesday. I'll go ahead and tighten those on up. It's just that it's gotten louder and it's starting to irritate me finally. Lol.

Last edited:

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Another good idea would be having someone start the car when it is on jack stands and see if they can make the noise. Just be careful and don't put it in gear. Being under the car is a huge help to figuring things out. My truck was doing that and it ended up being a random broken oxygen recirculater pipe thing rattling against the exhaust, anyway my point is that it could be a lot of things.