Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001) 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Acura Integra

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Need a CA CARB legal intake, exhaust, and possibly headers? Recommendations?

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Christoff

Default Need a CA CARB legal intake, exhaust, and possibly headers? Recommendations?

In California and it's smog time. I've had my 1994 integra GSR for 2 years now. No mods but an intake. Installed a generic ebay CAI with one of those AEM dry flow intakes. Removing the stock intake box was a huge pain in the ass and I couldn't imagine the pain with reinstalling it. I'm contemplating just getting a non-CAI and just swapping it out around smog time. Or getting a proper carb legal CAI and calling it a day. When I first got it smogged the guy mentioned I barely passed and it's just because it's old. Seemed silly. I've since replaced the cap/rotor, plugs, plug wires, etc. Not sure if I just need a new cat.

I'd also like an exhaust for the performance/MPG benefits. Not looking for much else than that. Needs to be carb legal and keep the cat (obviously)

Also, are headers ever CA carb legal?

I'd like to spend as least as possible but I'm willing to pay for quality.

Thanks a lot!
Christoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
rwcjose

Dc headers are carb legal

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
rwcjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Kyle

DC Sports and AEM make CARB legal stuff. Check them out.

Support qsrace.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Sotopn drinking. Ll tacitly bell. And I already got a girl. S
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
Christoff

Thanks for the help guys. Also, my car is test only this time around. Does that mean it's an annual thing or still every 2 years?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Ganyon

Get a aem short ram and just add the bottom half of your cai. Boom cheap carb legal cai.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Need to be Spoon-Fed*
Quote:
Don't worry, That's just my vast knowledge of the universe and beyond, It happens to everyone, It's just me in here, Left alone to drive myself to insanity.
Quote:
When in doubt, whip it out - that's what I always say. Then I'm usually asked to leave and I politely refuse and a struggle ensues and I wake up in jail with half an erection
Quote:
But i thought CJ was some girl that everyone was talking about??
Ganyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
djv1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoff View Post
In California and it's smog time. I've had my 1994 integra GSR for 2 years now. No mods but an intake. Installed a generic ebay CAI with one of those AEM dry flow intakes. Removing the stock intake box was a huge pain in the ass and I couldn't imagine the pain with reinstalling it. I'm contemplating just getting a non-CAI and just swapping it out around smog time. Or getting a proper carb legal CAI and calling it a day. When I first got it smogged the guy mentioned I barely passed and it's just because it's old. Seemed silly. I've since replaced the cap/rotor, plugs, plug wires, etc. Not sure if I just need a new cat.

I'd also like an exhaust for the performance/MPG benefits. Not looking for much else than that. Needs to be carb legal and keep the cat (obviously)

Also, are headers ever CA carb legal?

I'd like to spend as least as possible but I'm willing to pay for quality.

Thanks a lot!
where in cali are you ? i have one from a b18b ill prob sell
djv1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
Christoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganyon View Post
Get a aem short ram and just add the bottom half of your cai. Boom cheap carb legal cai.
I'd only be worried about proper fitment. Not sure where the AEM short ram cuts off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv1986 View Post
where in cali are you ? i have one from a b18b ill prob sell
Central Valley right now but I'm in southern California once or twice a month. One what, by the way?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
OldSchoolDA

DC and AEM is the way to go if you want carb legal
OldSchoolDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #9
djv1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoff View Post
I'd only be worried about proper fitment. Not sure where the AEM short ram cuts off.

Central Valley right now but I'm in southern California once or twice a month. One what, by the way?
a dc sports 4-1 header.. I'm doing a gsr swap and buying a new 4-2-1 dc for my gsr. it has a few small dings under the car but i have a carb sticker for it and everything. i live in central coast since u in cali i figured u may come pick it up if u want it. I'm thinking maybe 150$ it is used but new they are about 300$
djv1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
Christoff

It's a bit of a drive but I'll see.

So as far as cat-back exhaust what are the best options? Not looking for a fart can. Just performance.

Also, I read somewhere not to get the ceramic DC sports headers? Just the polished stainless steel ones, I guess?

It's looking like magna flow high flow cat, Apexi WS2, AEM CAI, and DC Sports headers are what I'll be getting. Any other tasteful mods I'm missing for MPG and HP gain?

Last edited by Christoff; 03-08-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
DC4GoFast
i have a car problem

Modifications will never, ever yield better mpgs, thats just a marketing gimmick. Do some research, search exhaust here and on honda-tech, your going to come across a million different opinions, only one that matters is yours, listen to different ones and see what you like
'95 200sx Se-R - Sold
'96 Buick w/ LT1 - Sold
'92 Prelude Si 4WS - Crash and burned
BUY MY STUFF!! Clicky:
DC4GoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #12
Christoff

While I'd agree modifications in general but I'd assume mods that allow less restrictive airflow would boost MPG? Maybe not drastically or even noticeably but still...
Old 03-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
Christoff

Bump before I purchase everything
Old 03-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #14
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Send a message via AIM to Samurai_Blue Send a message via MSN to Samurai_Blue

where are you in CA? ill sell my DC 4-1 for like cheap

|
|
|
|
| Instagram: @DylonFujiFilm
Samurai_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #15
Christoff

Will it fit the 94 GSR? I know the exhaust sizes change between the mid-90s to 2000(s?) gsrs? I think? Is it the ceramic finish or metallic?

I'm in the Central Valley right now but am in Southern California once or twice a month. Good condition, etc etc?