2dr Exhaust onto a 4dr info

sleepybrown

I drive a 4dr teg. If i end up trying to put on a 2dr's exhaust all ill need to make it fit is the pipe after the cat? or just delete the cat and get a test pipe long enough, cause i think its a 6-6 1/2 in difference between the exhaust

sleepybrown

You can its called a test pipe. North Carolina you can do it. they dont check the exhuast come inspection time

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I drive a 4dr teg. If i end up trying to put on a 2dr's exhaust all ill need to make it fit is the pipe after the cat? or just delete the cat and get a test pipe long enough, cause i think its a 6-6 1/2 in difference between the exhaust
To make a 2 door exhaust fit on a 4 door, you will need to add about 4.25" extension between the b-pipe, and the muffler.

Do you have a GSR or LS? Keep in mind that 94-99 GSR exhausts are different lengths than the LS exhaust.

Coney

Spacely
To make a 2 door exhaust fit on a 4 door, you will need to add about 4.25" extension between the b-pipe, and the muffler.

Do you have a GSR or LS? Keep in mind that 94-99 GSR exhausts are different lengths than the LS exhaust.
its the one exception. 94-99 GSR have shorter exhaust manifolds than the rest of them.

Coney

Spacely
you have a ls then so dont worry about that exception unless.... the catback is made for 94-99 gsr

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
its the one exception. 94-99 GSR have shorter exhaust manifolds than the rest of them.
They have shorter exhaust manifolds, shorter cats and longer b-pipes.

sleepybrown said:
I got the slow one
Well if the exhaust is made for a 2 dr LS, and you have a 4 dr LS, all you will need to do is add the extension between the b-pipe and muffler.

It must be done there, if you add one between the cat and b-pipe, the hangers won't line up

sleepybrown

Ok thanks. Cause some dumbass exhaust shop told me it was after the cat, and i didnt think the hangars wouldve lined up so i was wanting to get this cleared up