92 teg won't start, but cranks?

Brazz

Well, I bought an Acura Integra GS for 400.00

.I've changed the the fuel pump, spark plugs, (swapped) ECU, used/new distributor, and the main relay and still nothing....Also, when I go to crank the car the Alternator fuse blows intermedditely..I was wondering what else should I change to get this car running? Im getting frustrated and its stressing me!!! Help please...Thanks

What should I do next? thanksss

Andrew93

Currently Building
well if the starter is working, and the alternator fuse is blowing.... id start with the alternator

does it start and then die on its own, if the alternator isnt working then its eventually going to run out of power... and you already have a new distributor

you can prob get one for cheap....online theyre like $130-150 for a basic one

Brazz

Alright, i was told to just change the rotor and all type of bs within the distributor, so im going to do that..i need to get rid of this little piece.

Brazz

Yeah the engine cranks but doesnt spark up..i opened up the distributor today and when i try to crank it moves and the rpms jump as if it could be someting wrong wit hthe cap? Sounds logical, or no?

Brazz

engine does crank...should i change the rotor and cap now?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Dude.. take a volt meter/light tester to the ignition coil and see if it lights up. when hooked to it

turboluvr88

I would definetly start with a compression test. Honda and Acura distributors are very touchy, Simple shock can ruin them. What about the coil, have u changed thar?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
its very easy to see to see if your not getting compression, an engine with no compression will sound a ALOT different with one that does. Like me and him said, check your coil pack.

Jdmrust23

92 integra cranks but wont start

So I have this problem on my 92 integra it cranks but wont start
I already change the fuel filter.. Fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump
I turn the key and I still can hear the pump I also get ECU code 11 and I shows
That is my ecu but I use my friends one and nothing then he told me that it could be my
Fuel relay so I change it and nothing it does the same thing but I put starting fluid and it starts but
Dies after that... Can someone help me

maddogg20

Brazz
I would get a 12 volt test light and disconnect the 2 wires the supply power to the ignition coil. Connect your test light to the 2 wires and crank the car. If the light flashes quickly then you are getting power supplied to the ignition coil. If not, I would test voltage going to the distributor and make sure that it is present.

Jdmrust23
I would disconnect the injectors and test them one at a time with a test light. That way you will know if the injectors are even getting a signal to open and shut. If the injectors arent firing I would suspect the cam position sensor which is inside of the distributor.