SO F*CKING OVER THIS CAR!!!!!! GOD D@MN, lemme pick ur brains.

maddogg20

Hey guys,

Well Tonight I tried to be a bit proactive and check my compression. I disconnected the injectors, and moved the spark plug wires out of the way, pulled the plugs out and went ahead and did the compression test. Well #1, was 152, #2 was 150, #3 was 146, and #4 was 147. Which is good. Very suprising actually because this motor has been beat to hell. Anyway, I go ahead and put the plugs back in and reconnect the spark plug wires and it starts fine, but as soon as I pull it out of the driveway and go to accelerate, the damn thing sounds like a WRX with an exhaust on it until about 3000 rpms, and proceeds to do it in every gear until 3000 rpms. I made sure all the spark plugs were tight and that the wires went back on correctly. The spark plug wires are about 6 months old and the plugs are about 3 months old. The thing didnt act up until I did the compression test. I have done nothing but work on this car and try to get everything straight so that its comfortable and enjoyable to drive to work, but im literally at my witts end and over this damn car. Im seriously considering getting rid of it this week and getting something else.

Could a bit of crud under the ring on the plugs that contacts the head cause issues like this? I tightened em down to the nornal torque, but I think that maybe some grit got onto the underside of the rings. I dunno, Im just seeing if anyone else has had this issue.

Andy

ATEGGY94

bro before you snap just change the wires see if it helps. your motors fine and these motors can take beating take it easy and start with the little things

maddogg20

its been a hair puller lately. Everyday I have to come home and screw with the idle because it never seems to be right. One day itll sit at about 1500 rpms and when i turn the ac on it drops to 1000 and the next time I adjust it, itll sit at 1000 which is where I want it, but when I turn the AC on itll drop down to like 200 and try and kill the car, and I have checked, cleaned and replaced the IACV with a known good one. I changed the computer this weekend because the one I had was chipped and I was only getting about 170 miles per tank because it was running so rich. Its just getting old you know. I do know that the seal in my distributor is starting to go bad because im getting some oil coming out of the hole in the bottom where the harness goes into it, but I dont wanna keep replacing stuff if im going to swap it out with a B20 or get rid of the car. I have found some B20's locally for like 400 bux and im seriously considering it. I do like the idea of getting a different engine with all new sensors dizzy and computer.

cboe90DA

its been a hair puller lately. Everyday I have to come home and screw with the idle because it never seems to be right. One day itll sit at about 1500 rpms and when i turn the ac on it drops to 1000 and the next time I adjust it, itll sit at 1000 which is where I want it, but when I turn the AC on itll drop down to like 200 and try and kill the car, and I have checked, cleaned and replaced the IACV with a known good one. I changed the computer this weekend because the one I had was chipped and I was only getting about 170 miles per tank because it was running so rich. Its just getting old you know. I do know that the seal in my distributor is starting to go bad because im getting some oil coming out of the hole in the bottom where the harness goes into it, but I dont wanna keep replacing stuff if im going to swap it out with a B20 or get rid of the car. I have found some B20's locally for like 400 bux and im seriously considering it. I do like the idea of getting a different engine with all new sensors dizzy and computer.
do the b20 swap. u will love it. try to get a vtec head put on there also u will love that and not oly will run good and get u around forever u will be able to smash on all the mustangs u pull up next to.lol

maddogg20

would a b20 swap require an OBD1 conversion or can I rock the OBD0 system with an adapter to run the dizzy?