coilover sleeves or full coilover system ?

MHB732

hello all once again ...

im buying a 97 teggy tommorow ...

automatic ... not tryna race or none of dat tho ...

jus wanna drop the car , tints , rims ,
sound system n in the future hook up the motor some
the first thing i want to do tho is drop the car ...

so my question is ... coilover sleeves or full coilover system ?

whats the difference between both and etc ?

im a newbie with this so please bare with me ...

thanks in advance ...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Ground controls and koni yellow, done.
Buy those, best bang for the buck, ever. Will last longer and perform better than Function Form, etc.

dlo253

Koni ground control ftw. So many different choices, custom rates, custom valving, and lifetime warranty. Can't go wrong. Especially for a street car.

MHB732

thanks guys ,
im going to check into them now ,
how much should everything run me so i wont get over priced online

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
thttp://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=825/CA=5

You can get over the shelf rates, which are 6k and 4k i think.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I think I am the only person who doesn't like my GC/Konis. Full coil overs are so much nicer and shocks properly matched to spring rates.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Basically. I wanted more spring in the rear to help with rotation. Koni told me 400lbs springs were the max yellows could dampen so I went with 400f/400r. Ride is OK but it needs to be on 3/4 stiff or its bouncy. Ive riden on stiffer coil overs that felt better dampened.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can use 1000lb springs with off the shelf yellows without problem. Lots of Honda Challenge guys do that for years, im probably over sprung by 500lb on my Illuminas and they are fine.

Nick_C78

Who cares? Either way basic yellows aren't valved for over 400. They have to be using the Koni Race version if they have anything higher or they are just idiots.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Nick you're right. I should have used Koni Race shocks. I probably would be happier with them but I dont think they were available then. But if Im going to do it again Im going full coil over. Ive had issues with the dumb sleeve rubbing on the springs etc. It was a good beginner kit.