learning how to drive stick help / suggestions.

asianrich

Hello everyone, I'm interested in buying a si but I have never driven stick before. I have been driving my integra for 5 years now though and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions in getting* started. I've looked up driving schools and I can't* seem to find one in my area that teaches manual. None of my friends drives stick so I have no one to teach me/learn on. Someone told me to buy a beater car to learn on but then I'll* be stuck with an extra junk car, other people have told me to just get the si and I'll learn eventually but I feel like I could really damage the car that way. What do you guys think I should do? How did you guys go about learning?

Noneed2Hate

Most dealerships will teach you if you go through them to get your car (helps make a sale)

Watch a lot of videos on youtube to give yourself at least a look into what you should expect, and most of all take your time and do it smoothly.

You'd be hard pressed to damage the car while learning (unless you rear end someone or are redlining the car constantly etc), but if you do, the good thing about manual cars, is that parts for the transmissions are cheaper.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
If you learn how a clutch actually works, I promise itll help you out. Look at some YouTube videos on that too!