Tach Placement

acclude

cheap bastard
Looking for other ideas of possible placement for this honkin big tach I got for free. I needed one that goes up to 10K RPM and this serves the purpose.

I just kinda set it in place for now to see if I can get used to it, but I'm open to any other suggestions for placment.

I though about above the center vents near the dash clock but I think that would look even worse. There's really no spot lower like under the steering wheel cause it would get it in the way of driving. Anywhere on the pass. side is a little too far away. I've also thought about mounting it to the right side of the center console panel near the shifter but actually on the pass. side but it looked a little too weird. I'm out of ideas unless you all have some for me. Thanks for any replies!

royalpurpleda9

royalpurpleda9
Ya i would mount that shit in the same position but on the opposite side and maybe get a tripple pod with some more guages were it is now and itll lok hot!! seen many setup like that !

acclude

cheap bastard
I want it to be as inconspicuous as possible while still keeping it in view. No other guages are going in until I turbo it.

mirrorimg

Remove the airbag and put it in the middle of the steering wheel. Seriously, that thing is monstrous. You would be better off getting a smaller one that still goes up to 10k and have more freedom in placing it where it will not look like a hood ornament. Or if youre into fabing things up, make a bracket that lets it hang over the left vent.

acclude

cheap bastard
So I'm thinking about removing the shift light and either mounting it close to where the tach is now or hiding it in the far left D. side dash vent. Mount the tach itself to the right of the shifter on the side of the center console panel so that it's as close to the front as possible without getting in the way of the glove box. I'm gonna see if that's practical next time I get out to the garage. I just don't like it being in plain view from the outside like it is on the pillar in the pic above. It would be nice to keep the impression of a semi-stock teggy from the outside.

acclude

cheap bastard
Well, I'm a big fan of free parts. If it's free I'm gonna use it!

So I know you all have been eagerly waiting with anticipation for the all important problem of what I was going to do with this tach placement.

Here's the answer!

I split the shift light from the gauge and put the gauge to the right of the vents and the shift light in the vent :) Yes I could have gone with a smaller tach, but costs money and I like free stuff. I think this is the best way I could have possibly have mounted it without it sticking out so much, still being in view of the driver and not invading on the passenger leg room too much.

Here's the start of the shift light:

It's actually aimed right at the driver:

Here's the tach placement:

And even with a long sexxy legged passenger like myself there's still plenty of leg room:

Like it or not doesn't really matter. I needed it and it had the magical price of $0. I think out of all the possible places I could have mounted it, this was the best way to go.

Ok let the thoughts, opinions and bashing begin.....GO!

mirrorimg

lol That thing is huge, but good job on the install. Have you thought about painting the bracket and trim around the tach a flat black? It may not help too much, but it should make it so it doesnt look really out of place.