Insurance rates.

Bear_Slayer

Higher or same as regular car?

I know when I was going to get a CRX I walked away because the insurace rates were outrageous, no idea what 3rd gen Integra rates are.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
depends on who you are. where you live and how sucky you've driven in the past. i pay 285 for top of the line coverage with a $1000 collision deductible and a $750 comprehensive deductible.

Bear_Slayer

Well, it will be insured through my father. I'll just pay the insurance.

He's never been in an accident in 40 years of driving. So the insurance company likes him.

I was referring more towards how some cars are classified in the "Sport" class and gain higher insurance premiums.

mirrorimg

I really dont think a CRX would command a crazy insurance rate, atleast not a 85-87. 88-91 may be a little more but they are 20 year old cars. I had an 85 but I didnt pay the insurance for it, so I cant give you a comparison. Right now I pay 120/mo. for the titled 4 Door GSR, even though it has an LS motor in it.

Bear_Slayer

I really dont think a CRX would command a crazy insurance rate, atleast not a 85-87. 88-91 may be a little more but they are 20 year old cars. I had an 85 but I didnt pay the insurance for it, so I cant give you a comparison. Right now I pay 120/mo. for the titled 4 Door GSR, even though it has an LS motor in it.
Yeah, it was a 1991. The guy said his rate for the CRX was the same as his Mustang.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
Well, it will be insured through my father. I'll just pay the insurance.

He's never been in an accident in 40 years of driving. So the insurance company likes him.

I was referring more towards how some cars are classified in the "Sport" class and gain higher insurance premiums.
im not sure how its done around your area but when I was looking for a car it was pretty much anything 200 hp or more was considered a sports car.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^ My 91 Integra was considered a sports car... lol

Then again, when I switched from my 93 civic to a 01 integra, my payments went down 40 bucks :shock:

DesireeDC4

go wide or go home.
I drive a 1995 Integra && Im 19 years old && I pay 96 bucks a month,
but thats not full coverage, just liability. Full wouldve been like 106 or
so.