What's better for Track Racing All Motor or Forced Induction?

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
So to kick things off my HP goal is only about 200-230HP and i am debating whether or not to get a b18c or b18b, Maybe b20 but i really dont feel like doing extra work for b20 so mainly between b18b & b18c.
With b18b i've heard turbo is the best route but that is a lot of $$ for turbo (Go-autoworks) even piecing together costs a good $1000 easy. So b18c i've heard is not as good as b18b for turbo and would be better for NA. i do not plan on doing drag so what do you think is my best bet? also whats cheaper

SoundEfx

Honestly, you might scare off people trying to help you when you keep insisting on using the word 'cheap'.
Most people believe in 'Spend the money and do it right, or don't do it at all.'

To answer your question, I think for your power goals, the cheaper route is to boost. It also gives you more versatility.

Swerve

Shawn
Cheap/ reliable swap a b20 and build the suspension. More important than anything tho, just get out there.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Literally everything you have "heard" is incorrect.

There is no "extra" work in doing a b20 swap.

What EXACTLY are you wanting to do with this car.

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
Literally everything you have "heard" is incorrect.

There is no "extra" work in doing a b20 swap.

What EXACTLY are you wanting to do with this car.
I've heard that i would have to replace the b20 intake manifold and use a different ecu. As far as what i want to do is to build something that would be used as a dd and a occasional track car (until i get old enough to own two cars). I think b20 boost would be nice since it's cheaper than b18c boost. My goal is realistically 200hp, but i don't even think i would need boost to go from 140ish-200. Unless i can get close to it with upgraded cams, pistons etc. The reason why I ask which one is cheaper is because i don't really know which direction I want to go in, but am willing to do whatever would work better for both daily and the track. Then again now that i think about it i could always just get a b18c5 and call it a day...

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Get a b18c5 and call it a day. You'll get a better transmission for the track, LSD, and better motor for constant high rpm use.

Swerve

Shawn
I've seen elliot meme pass a Ferrari 430 in a relatively stock miata just cause he's such a good driver