4x100/4x114.3

00tegls

well im buying a set of jdm type r wheels (with tires) and im wondering what is the difference between 4x100 and 4x114.3. i know the 4 is how many lugs it is but which ones will fit my 2000 teg? if anyones knows i would appreciate a quick response :)

edit: the wheels are 15s with 195/55/r15 tires and the car is 2000 integra ls. dont know if you needed all that just thought id throw it in just in case

prophetDB7

4 x 100 will fit our cars here in the USA unless your hubs were modified prior.

4 is the number of lugs, and 100 is the mm diameter between all four lugs.

Here is some great information:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=92

JDM Type R 15" rims are 4 x 114.3. They will not fit (lugs and the holes on the rims will not line up) unless you get an adapter or change your hubs. Another alternative is to buy a replica that is already 4 x 100. A little pricey and OEM is usually better but in used condition.

Im pretty sure type r wheels are 5 lug.
I believe those are the 98+ 16" JDM Type R wheels you are referring to as 5 lug.

15" Type R rims

16" Type R rims

Last edited:

00tegls

4 x 100 will fit our cars here in the USA unless your hubs were modified prior.

4 is the number of lugs, and 100 is the mm diameter between all four lugs.

Here is some great information:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=92

JDM Type R 15" rims are 4 x 114.3. They will not fit unless you get an adapter or change your hubs.

I believe those are the 98+ 16" JDM Type R wheels you are referring to as 5 lug.

15" Type R rims

16" Type R rims
thank you for your reply. i found them on the website of a jdm shop in my area. they say jdm but i was curious because they are 4 lug. is there a number on the wheels or anything to tell if they are true jdm? or did jdm integras never have 4 lug?

prophetDB7

Those 15" rims are actually JDM but there are at least 2 companies that I know of that sell replicas of those in both 4x100 and 4x114.3

If that style rim is in 4x100, 100% it is a fake. It has to be 4x114.3 to be considered legit, but then again like I said there are replicas out there.

Here's a picture of a 96 JDM ITR. Note the 4 lugs. ITRs switched over to 5 lugs in 1998 I believe. (Correct me if im wrong)

As to any special markings or emblems to look for, I am sure someone else with more knowledge can chime in.

00tegls

well it says oem not jdm. it says 97 itr spec. and its a legit company so they cant sell a replica and call it oem.

prophetDB7

well it says oem not jdm. it says 97 itr spec. and its a legit company so they cant sell a replica and call it oem.
well it is an "oem" wheel on the japanese integras. I just refer to it as "jdm". And like I said, as long as it's 4x114.3, chances are it's legit. From what I saw online, even the 97 ITRs here in the US came with 5 lugs.

But how are you going to put them on your car?

Last edited:

00tegls

you said the 4x100 will fit usmd cars so i was gonna buy them. there are two sets they have for sale

prophetDB7

you said the 4x100 will fit usmd cars so i was gonna buy them. there are two sets they have for sale
:2confused no 4x100 version of that wheel is oem. (if anyone wants to chime in to correct me go right ahead)

from my research those oem rims came in only 4x114.3.

surefire way to tell if they are real or not is to ask the seller what the width of the rims are. If they are 6 inches, its real but I highly doubt its 4x100.

it the width of the rim is 6.5 or 7 inches, then its a replica. (replicas aren't bad, just don't be fooled to think they are oem)

Hopefully someone with knowledge can chime in to help you.

research:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ACURA-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-15-DC2-WHEELS-TIRES-B18C-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f09582c12QQitemZ270739713042QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

i guess there are some markings on the inside. should say "honda" etc etc

Last edited:

00tegls

the site says they are 15x6. if they arent oem itsa no big deal i think they will go well with my grey (the rims are factory white)