Leaking from the output seal

kfed

Car: 90 integra LS

When I got the car, It was leaking fluid where the transmission mates with engine. I took a closer look and found that it was leaking around the area where the shift extension mounts to the tranny, the shift mechanism boot location, and intermediate shaft connecting to the tranny location.
I changed the seal that seals the intermediate drive shaft and tranny. The leaking stopped for a week and then started again. So, I thought it was the change rod seal and changed that. The leaking still persists. I try looking harder.
The fluid is clear and not a dark oil meaning that it is coming from my tranny. Another thing is that the fluid also exists on the shifting rod from the tranny to almost right under the shifting lever. But on the extension, its not as bad. I dismounted the shift extension and nothing was leaking from there.

I am thinking the output seal is bad again because all evidence lead to it. The seal that I used was one from Autozone.

Could my half shaft be a problem? Are autozone seals not that good of quality? Can the pressure in the tranny not exit properly?

kfed

Okay, the leaking had originated from the driver side output shaft. I changed the seal to one provided by napa autoparts. It turns out that autozone gave me the incorrect seal even though it was the one that was advised by their system to install, and NAPA had given me one that looked like the original seal that the car had. Autozone also provides the correct seal which is for the passenger side, I'm assuming it can be used on the driver side as well.
For whoever reads this, just make sure the seal looks like your original.

Prozon

Kris
Well thanks for following up your original post.

Autozone is like that sometimes, i've had to tell them that they are wrong and I want something different more than once.