HELP purchasing used 2005 RSX BASE

momoboston

Okay so here's the scenario. In search for a car and stumbled upon this 05 RSX Base.
Vehicle specifics - 2005 Acura RSX, Black, 160k miles, stock

First the good - Mostly stock except for rear lip. Exterior in good shape from what I saw personally (see pics)
Engine and Tranny in fair shape no problems except high miles. no CEL.
He has separate winter tires and rims and some other small extras.

The BAD :shock: - high miles (maybe not a bad thing) Interior in horrible shape. Driver seat needs to be replaced. Glove box does not close. Needs new headunit and steering wheel looks like a lion mauled it. It also needs a driver's side ABS sensor, the ABS light is on.

Conclusion - The guy wanted 4k but says he will let it go for $3500. He took more care of the outside than the inside. Do you guys think its a good buy? I dont mind doing my own work, and getting the enterior in good shape. ABS problem doesn't seem to be a bad one. Is this a fair price? ABS sensor and interior pieces are only major issues. I love the RSX, and although this is an AUTO I dont have the need for a manual just yet. Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen.

[/URL][/IMG]

itzrivera

Its a base and auto, so I wouldn't buy it. But, the body looks to be good. As for the interior, I've put almost 25k on mine and I've seen the steering wheel go from prestine to ugly. The seats also commonly tear in the middle seam on the bottom cushion. As for the glove box, idk. and the head unit looks like he might be an angry alcoholic lol

I'd say if you're going for auto base model, maybe try and do 3k. Show him the cash and maybe he'll just take it.

One thing to understand, these things are no where near as nice as a teg in regards to suspension. So, if you're doing looks over the fun driving factor, you might be a bit disappointed.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Looks like it was beat on daily, I would pass 100%. For $4000 you can find a really clean base auto RSX. Seriously that car is disgusting, I wouldn't even get in it to test drive it. It really shows how lazy he is that he couldn't even clean up the inside when he's trying to sell it.

Get off craigslist and take a look on cars.com or autotrader. That is where respectable people usually sell their cars.

Last edited:

Ryan659

Looks like it was beat on daily, I would pass 100%. For $4000 you can find a really clean base auto RSX. Seriously that car is disgusting, I wouldn't even get in it to test drive it. It really shows how lazy he is that he couldn't even clean up the inside when he's trying to sell it.

Get off craigslist and take a look on cars.com or autotrader. That is where respectable people usually sell their cars.
^this x10,000 :lol: that thing is a mess

momoboston

He agreed to 3k based on the interior and other small things. Is this a fair price? I dont mind doing the work, I just want to know if its worth it. Thanks for the reply btw!

momoboston

You're right this guy is far from respectable based on how he treated the inside of the car. Well he came down to 3k. Do you think thats a fair enough price? I wouldnt mind getting these items replaced, but is it worth it? for 3k? Thanks for the replies guys.

momoboston

You're right, I have to be more patient. a little hard to come by good condition ones here in Boston, 90% of people beat on em here.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I would rather buy a 200k mile base RSX for 3k that has been well maintained and owned by a real adult, then that piece of shit. The fact that he's willing to drop the price so damn low just says this thing has problems.

Noneed2Hate

tfw you can find an integra in way better condition for about the same pricepoint if not better. That RSX is facking garbage