Reverse Pop out Please HELP!

bigt123

Hello, I recently bought a 94' Integra LS. Stock motor b18b. With new stage 3 clutch. Every gear shifts smooth except when in reverse its hard to get it in there and it usually always pops out unless I hold it down and to the right super hard at just the right angle.. I was wondering what's the problem?? The guy said I'd have to drill another hole about 1/2 " down on the shift linkage? PLEASE let me know ANYTHING. ANY help AT ALL is appreciate. Thank You!

SupaMan

Your first question to whoever told you that you needed to drill holes into the shift linkage shoulda been "Exactly how does every single integra that ever rolled off the line not have problems with this?!"

Modifying your linkage is retarded. You have an internal transmission problem. Seek help locally with somewhere that builds/rebuilds honda/acura manual transmissions.

Nick_C78

Did he put a janky short shifter in it. Is the shifter hitting the exhaust when trying to put it in reverse? The angle of reverse puts the shifter closer to exhaust, especially with short shifters.

Don't drill anything.

Nick_C78

Change the manual trans fluid
This is a good point. I talk to sooo many people that didn't even know they were supposed to change the trans fluid and they have had the car for yeeears! 100k+ miles on the same trans fluid...both auto and manual...nutty.

bigt123

thank you, and so I would not need a whole new transmission then right? every gear shifts smooth except for the reverse problem.

bigt123

possibly, it is a huge ass muffler lol

bigt123

Your first question to whoever told you that you needed to drill holes into the shift linkage shoulda been "Exactly how does every single integra that ever rolled off the line not have problems with this?!"

Modifying your linkage is retarded. You have an internal transmission problem. Seek help locally with somewhere that builds/rebuilds honda/acura manual transmissions.
thank you, and so I would not need a whole new transmission then right? every gear shifts smooth except for the reverse problem.

Nick_C78

We can't say whether or not its internal or not. All we can do is give things for you to test/check and go from there.