what's wrong with my rev limiter?!

2000cleanGSR

ok so i have a question hopefully someone can help me. so in neutral my rev limiter kicks in in my gsr at the norm 8200, but when im in gear it has fuel cut off instead of rev limiter cuz it just stops at 8200 like it dies but i can upshift and then keep goin. anybody know whats happening?

Prozon

Kris
Did Integra's come with governors??
My Blzer does that @ 100mph. It's speed related though, not RPM related.

Noootttt suure.
Whats the problem with that though? Lol.

2000cleanGSR

They all should be governed. My governor kicks in at 145 mph or around there lol. I like for it to redline and make that sound lol

eiznekeM

They all should be governed. My governor kicks in at 145 mph or around there lol. I like for it to redline and make that sound lol
Are you sure?I've been in a GS-R going about 240 km/h (149) and no governer kicked in. And careful with constant redlining, don't want to bend a valve or something.

2000cleanGSR

Maybe its with newer models or something. I'd only be hitting it for like a split second lol my valves will be fine lol

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Raping your rev limiter every gear gives you madd jdm points; he's knows what's up :thumbs up
And I don't know that our cars are governed at 145, I figure gearing would be an issue before a speed governer

2000cleanGSR

Thanks for the JDM points lol I just read somewhere 145 but idk for sure. I know i can hit it in 5th gear cuz i had like 2500 rpms left when i hit 135 lol

mirrorimg

Fuel cut is the rev limiter. We don't have anything that prevents the motor from spinning too fast. If you downshift from 4th to 2nd, there/s nothing stopping the inertia from the transmission from destroying your engine.

2000cleanGSR

Reply to mirrorimg: yea i knew about the downshifting thing but i have a friend that in gear if he revs to his rev limiter it stays there and does the rev bouncing thing but mine just goes to the rev limiter and then just cuts out like i hit a speed governor but i can do that in any gear.

04caliwrx

Are you sure?I've been in a GS-R going about 240 km/h (149) and no governer kicked in. And careful with constant redlining, don't want to bend a valve or something.
US cars come with a governer :( my girlfriend (also lives in Alberta) has a 2004 bmw 330xi and it goes about 168mph and my moms is the same car and stops at 140mph