Oil leak from oil cooler on back of motor???

boostdteg

I have had a oil leak for a while, i couldnt pin point the problem. I redid all my valve seat seals, chcecked my prings. It was weird because i didnt have a puddle just lost oil and i wasnt thowing smoke. that means the oil could only be leaking while the car is running so i have came to the conclusion that its the oil cooler box that is leaking and i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

boostdteg

Todd said:
did you check your intake? or any of the oil lines for the turbo?
ya everythign is sealed and connecteg fine. Even before i had that turbo it did this. There is a ot of buildup around the black box in the back of the motor taht is suuposed o be a oil cooler

Baldy201

clean off the build up and see how fast it returns. GSR's burn oil when they go into VTEC, sometimes. THis happens when valve guides are worn. Idk what was included in your valve seats being redone but mabe look into checking the valve guides.

boostdteg

Baldy201 said:
clean off the build up and see how fast it returns. GSR's burn oil when they go into VTEC, sometimes. THis happens when valve guides are worn. Idk what was included in your valve seats being redone but mabe look into checking the valve guides.
Ya, i know vtec burns oil but i mean its more then just your normal puff of smoke while vtec is engaged. It has to be leaking from somewhere. I think it is an oring in that blx that cools the oil, it may be worn. thanjks for yuur inpu ti appreciate it