Squealing Noise at a Dead Stop

RMAlmazan

I've noticed a squealing noise soon AFTER coming to a complete stop. It gradually gets louder until I take my foot off of the brake and start accelerating. I also noticed that the squealing only happens when I'm in drive (yes, I drive an autotragic). If I put it in neutral or park, the squealing stops. Do I have a loose belt or something? My car also only has 44k miles if that's a factor lol

1994 Acura Integra LS

Murphy

Meat Master
I use the CRC brand but damn that prestone brand is twice the size, makes me feel inadequate

RMAlmazan

So I tried the spray and it seemed to work yesterday... But as I started my car this morning and put it in drive, the same noise popped up again:/

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So then you know the problem is with the belt. Either need to get a new belt and/or adjust the tension on it.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Belt squeal spray stuff is just a waste of money. It just means you have a loose belt. Adjust accordingly and it will go away. If the problem persists, it's time for a replacement.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener.

cvcrcr99

I have seen water used to stop a belt from squeaking for a few minutes when diagnosing a noise. Not sure why a special fluid was made for it.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It's good for lubricating them as well. My belts have lasted longer spraying them with dressing at oil changes. Considering it's less than $4 a can and it lasts forever, I'll keep on with it.

Last edited: