Help! Car failure while driving!

THELEGEND909

When I drive around and I hit vtec the cars is ok but shortly after 3 gear vtec/ 4 gear transition it just dies. The engine turns off. I was using a modded LS harness for a GSR so I finally got the actual GSR harness and it didn't do it. I drove it today for work and it died again but turned back on quicker then yesterday. Is it the ECU? Or is it the in driver compartment harness that's bad? Or something else?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
No idea based upon the information provided. Are you getting a check engine light? What do you have to do to turn the engine back on? Does it do it at a certain RPM in any gear?

THELEGEND909

check light comes on after it happens n stays till i turn off the car. once it turns on it goes away. the ecu is a p06 chipped and its been fine till last friday. i got it done at a shop about 4 months ago and what i am assuming that the ecu can be surging out or something. i followed every wire to make sure its no ground or something. i read other peoples post with a smililar probble. and that they say its that the ecu could have been poorly mapped and it would be safer to use a p72 with all the proper mapping. im just getting everyones opinion before getting a p72