integra turbo compression ???

pamitar101

Hi I have a 97 integra turbo ls/gsr i recently did a dry compression test and the results were

cylinders 1 2 3 4
170 173 180 190

just wondering if this was good or bad ? any input is appreciated Thanks

SoundEfx

The 170 seems to be a bit low, but I think that you should be good. ( others will chime in )

Does the car burn any oil or coolant?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Make sure the engine is hot before you do the test
Next time put about 1oz of oil in the cylinder and redo the test.

Nick_C78

Engine has to be warmed up fully. Also make sure the dizzy is unplugged or else the injectors will shoot gas in to the cylinder. I am betting you left the injectors spraying which is why they progressively got higher because they got more and more filled with fuel with each cylinder test and you started with 1. Just my theory.

pamitar101

ok redid it the right way and i came up with 170 190 185 185 i also notice a small amount of smoke and hissing sound in cylinder number 2 after i pulled the plug from the hot motor any input ????

Muckman

Not a M0derator
No bc #2 numbers are fine. Im slightly concerned about #1 since the number didnt move from before. Its leaking some pressure. Some, not a lot. You can confirm if the leak is the rings by adding 1oz of oil to the hot cylinder then redoing the test.

Nick_C78

Might also want to do a valve adjustment and redo the test. That slight drop could be a number of things. Might as well eliminate a few possible reasons.