Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
No I haven't. I didn't post this, but the turbo took a poop on me shortly after. I had a thrust bearing washer fail me, thus causing me to have to replace the entire center section of the turbo. It's back up and running and I plan on going to IFO in Pittsburgh at the end of August. I am heading into finals week next week at school, so that's where most of my attention is going. We have also had rain on every track night this year but 2, it's been terrible.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I'm not sure if this even allowed per the rules, but I am going to try it anyways haha. I am wanting to go race at the World Cup Finals in Maryland this year. The only problem with that is, it's expensive to do so. $100 entry fee, fuel from Ohio to Maryland, trailer rental cost, ect.. Anyways, I set up a Go Fund Me thing to hopefully get people to help us out. If this forum can pull through and help, I will run a Club Integra sticker on my car to show the love back.

The link to our page is here:
http://www.gofundme.com/f7rdik

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I haven't updated this thread in forever due to life kind of happening. Opened a gym, found out my wife is pregnant with twins, that type of thing...oh yeah I wrecked the car as well.

This past Sunday I was driving on the street with the rear skinnies on, lesson learned here is don't do this! Hit about 70mph when the car decided to torque steer hard left, brought the ass end around with it. Corrected the car and went right, ramped over a cub, slid through the grass and took out some various signs and poles, one of which was a 55mph speed limit sign. At first I thought the car was totaled honestly. After further inspection the next day it appeared everything was cosmetic. So first thing I did was get it to the alignment shop to be put on the rack and check to see if any suspension was bent/broken. To our surprise, everything was ok just knocked out of spec. We put it all back to spec and she drives straight. A buddy of mine challenged me that I couldn't get the car race worthy in a weeks time. Needless to say, I will be going racing this coming Sunday looking like this haha.

I was torn between putting my engine setup in a lighter chassis and just moving away from this car. However, after talking it over with my wife, having some serious conversations with myself I came to the conclusion that this car is more than a car, it is a part of our family. Our 5 year old son absolutely loves this car and refers to it as his racecar. So, I did the logical thing and started looking around for parts I needed to fix it. Let me start by telling you how expensive a rear window is for one of these cars. I was quoted $900-$1100 for one and they weren't even able to get the window in stock. So there's that, I needed 2 doors, a rear quarter panel, rear taillights and rear bumper as well. Today my phone starts blowing up with me being tagged in a facebook post from 8-10 people all within a minute of one another. Open it up and it's a 4dr Integra for sale. The ad states it's a 1999 that runs but has front end damage. I start talking to the guy who owns it and get him down to $500 for the entire car!!

I am going to sell the engine, transmission and whatever else I can and end up having all the parts I need to fix my car for $0. I will also go from the 94-97 spec taillights and rear bumper, to the 98-01 style. I have never been a fan of my cars paint color since the day I painted it. Just wasn't what I had envisioned when I picked it out 5 years ago. So over the winter as I fix the body I am going to either repaint the car or wrap it. I am also debating a 3 piece front end and making it a full fledged drag car.

Last edited:

rollingrock

Rollingrock
Sorry to hear and see what happened. You are right on the dot with saying "life kind of happening". Good luck on everything.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
sorry to hear about everything...it is really cool your son likes the car that much.
Good luck im sure everything will work out.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
The rebuild is under way! Started by getting the rear window out of the parts car and in to my car, just so I can go race this Sunday. After that it will have to come back out so the 1/4 panel can be replaced. Speaking of which, got all the spot welds out of the parts car quarter panel. For those wondering, there is 112 spot welds in a sedans quarter panel.