Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well the goal to hit 10s in 2012 did not happen. Unfortunately I had something let loose inside the motor and rain on my parade. Its ok though as I will use this as motivation to make sure it goes faster next year. The best ET for 2012 was an 11.28@129 on 17psi and pump gas. With that said lets get this build thread started. I will start by posting all the specs from the last build up and will update this thread when new parts start arriving and things start happening. Stay tuned!!

Specs:
Bottom End
84.5mm Benson Sleeves
Pauter Rods
10:1 CP Pistons
ACL Bearings
ARP Main Studs
Polished/Balanced Crank
Moroso Oil Pan
Rotating Assembly Fully Balanced and Blue Printed
Speed Theory Block Fittings

Top End:
Full Port and Polish
Deburred and Re-Worked Combustion Chambers
Skunk2 Pro 1's
01 ITR LMA's
SuperTech Springs
Crower Retrainers
Supertech .5mm Oversized Valves
KMS Bronze Guides
BDL Cam Gears
Go-Autoworks Cam Seal
ARP Head Studs
Golden Eagle Headgasket
Edelbrock Victor X Intake
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Phearable.net 70mm Throttle Body
Shaved Valve Cover
(2) -10an Fittings Welded in Valve Cover

Drivetrain:
Built by Mista Bone aka Tranzex aka Transbone
GSR Transmission
Cpmpetition Clutch Twin Disc
ARP Flywheel Bolts
ARP Pressure Plate Bolts
MFactory Helical LSD
MFactory Magnetic Drain Plug
MFactory Differential Bearings
Gear Speed Carbon Coated Synchros
Torco RTF Fluid
Go-Autoworks Braided Clutch Line Kit

Boost Goodies::
Precision 6262 Journal Bearing T3 Vband .82ar
Precision 46mm Wastegate
PWR Intercooler
Deatschwerks 1000cc Injectors
Go-Autoworks Hood Exit Downpipe
Go-Autoworks Dump Tube
Go-Autoworks Turbo Blanket
Go-Autoworks GT Series Oil Catch Can
Go-Autoworks Pro Series Black Oil Line Kit
Go-Autoworks Intercooler Piping Kit 2.5" w/black couplers
HKS Limited Edition Black Blowoff Valve
Speed Factory 4 Bar Map Sensor
Autometer Sport Comp Black Faced Boost Gauge
PWM Boost Solenoid
Go-Autoworks Push Lock Vaccum Kit

Fuel/Mounts:
Innovative Racing Mounts 85a Bushing (Powder coated same color as valve cover)
Full-Blown Twin Walbro Setup
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
Aeromotive Fuel Filter
Edelbrock Fuel Rail
Jegs Liquid Filled CF Fuel Pressure Gauge 0-100PSI
Jegs AN Fittings (Black)
Jegs SS Line (Black)

Electronics/Ignition
Hondata s300 Tuned by Steve Wilson@ Pro Car Associates
Hondata CRP Conversion
AEM Uego Wideband
Blox TPS Sensor
NGK Spark Plugs

Exterior:
2010 Infinity Midnigh Mocha Paint
VIS OEM Carbon Fiber Hood
15x7 Drag DR21's (Rpf1 knockoffs) Gold with Silver lip
Weld Wheels (Gold)
Mickey Thompson 24.5x9x13 slicks
V2 Competition Rear Skinnies
MH 24.5x3.6x15 Rear Skinny Tires
Go-Autoworks Rear Bumper Diffuser

Suspension:
Ground Control Coilovers
Koni Yellow Struts
Skunk2 Upper Control Arms (Front)
Skunk2 Lower Control Arms (Rear)
Hard Race Compliance Bushings
J2 Engineering Front Lower Control Arms
God Speed Rear Camber Kit

Cooling:
Go-Autoworks Radiator
Go-Autoworks Slim Fan
Go-Autoworks Radiator Shroud

Interior:
Quad-Pod Cluster Bezel and Clock Gauge Bezel
Autometer Sport Comp Black Faced Oil Pressure Gauge

Engine Bay:
Shaved/Tucked
Kens Kustom Chassis Booster Delete
Jegs Battery Relocation Kit
Jegs Remote Battery Terminals
Manual Rack Conversion
Energy Suspension Rack/Pinion Bushings
A/C Removed
Power Steering Removed
ABS Removed

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
10/6/12: The spending spree begins!!! I sat around today and debated on what I wanted to knock off the list of things to buy first. I know I have some bigger things to fix, but that money is already put aside so I figured why not get a few things out of the way. So I hit up Greg from Go-Autoworks and got a new Radiator, Fan and Shroud, Push Lock Vacuum kit and a Rear Bumper Diffuser.

My radiator works fine, but the addition of the shroud should help keep things cool. Plus my fan is not in the best of shape. I am tired of blowing vacuum lines off even with zip-ties, so the push lock style should help solve that and the rear diffuser will hopefulyl get some trapped air through the rear bumper. This winter I really want to work on suspesion and aerodynamics as I feel the car has more then enough power to hit the goals set. That doesnt mean more power wont be added though, stay tuned for that to come later ;)

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
10/8/12: Since I am going to change up the look of the car I figured I might as well start picking up some odds and ends. I came across a set of amber bumper lights on a local fb selling wall for $15 delivered, couldnt pass em up

Last edited:

Smgseanmicheal

Newbie!
if your running out of fuel and detonating weldon makes some good quality fuel pumps i dont know much about import engines other then how to rebuild the cylinder heads i worked at a automotive machine shop for a year and a half that did mostly dealership work and race engines v8s mostly (bbc 440 383 mopar 305 ford etc) but im just saying =] i saw alot of motors blown to pieces due to fuel starvation...on promods it takes the shortest amount of time i could imagine and you have a bunch of aluminum permanently welded to your crankshaft anyway whats the size of your fuel line? mind you everything could be different for 4 cylinders but i wouldnt expect it to =/ im used to carbs and big displacement though so anything thats about injection would be greatly appreciated still if im pushing 500 hp i want 800 hp capable fuel pump and fuel line that can flow that much going to the carb (injectors) and back

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Fuel starvation isn't an issue on this car lol. I was pretty low on duty cycle so I know there is still room to go and remain safe. Speaking of room to grow, I ordered a go fast part tonight. I loved the ITR cams that the car had, they made great power and idled like stock, however I have decided to upgrade that area of the motor while its torn apart and hopefully pick up some more power across the power band. So out with the 01 ITR's and in with a set of Skunk2 Pro 1's.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
10/12/12: Well the spending spree continues. Tonight I finally made up my mind and ordered the Hondata coil on plug retro kit. I also picked up a B&R distributor cap. Gonna place an order with Honda next week for my coils plus some random gaskets/bolts that I need. Next week is gonna be like Christmas once all these parts start rolling in haha.

96LSteg

Jemel
Lol I plan on running Hondata CPR at some point they are sweeeeet!

Sent from your mom's room using Tapatalk

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I hope so, as long as my ignition issues are fixed I will be a happy man. The kit is cheap, its the damn coils and distributor cap that get ya lol. The cap from B&R is $95 plus shipping (phearable.net) and the coils are $45 a piece (x4) through Majestic Honda. Then you gotta throw in the piece that holds the coil packs in place which is another $90. I was hoping to get off easy this winter, looking to be another 5-7k dollar winter, well see though. One of these days I will be able to enjoy spending my money on other things besides the car haha.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
10/20/12: Sometimes a deal pops up that is just too good to pass up, today was one of those times haha. On a local facebook selling wall a set of Weld wheels with 24.5 Mickey Thompson's pop up. I have been wanting these wheels for 2 years now. I will pick up a set of matching rear skinnies at some point as well. I paid less for these than you can buy the rims alone for.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I looked at going with a different front end, the problem is actually getting them. If you do a search on exospeed and or strada over on Honda-Tech you'll find people who have been waiting as long as a year and still haven't gotten their front ends. I didnt plan on buying the wheels, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. The next thing on my agenda is getting the motor out of the car and sent back in to Mike Laskey out in Anaheim.